Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Saying Goodbye



Last month Kenny's parents, Pete and Charlotte Black, received their mission call to the Ghana, Cape Coast Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Despite the name of the mission, they won't actually be serving in Ghana. They will be serving in a nearby country called Benin. This country was dedicated for missionary service last year, so it is very new! There are only 130 members in the whole country, so Mom and Dad will have plenty to do! We are all going to miss them so much, but are excited for them, and grateful for their example and willingness to serve the Lord. They have been tending Stetson for 4 hours each day while mom is at work, so he has gotten pretty attached - he is going to miss Grandma and Grandpa Black. All their kids were able to come to Blanding for their meeting, so we had a great weekend playing, eating, and visiting. Elder Pete and Sister Charlotte Black entered the MTC on March 10, 2008. Look out Benin!

2 comments:

Doug said...

Hey Amber,
Your little guy is adorable. I can't believe how big he is getting. Sorry I haven't gotten in touch sooner. I will try to keep up a little better. By the way I love your blog. Hope all is great with you.
Anna

Kenny and Amber said...

Thanks Anna! It's good to hear from you.