And finally, they arrived! It seemed as though the escalator took FOREVER to bring them down, but they made it, and the next few minutes were filled with hugs and tears. 
To Stetson, it was as though they had never left. He walked right up to Grandpa and reached up for a hug, saying "pa pa". But one hug wasn't enough, and he followed him around until Grandpa finally picked him up and carried him as he continued to give long awaited hugs to kids and grandkids.
I have to agree with my sister-in-law, Shauna, I think that is what heaven will be like. . . a wonderful, happy reunion, and we will all feel as if we were never separated. Now that is definately something to look forward to!
A week later, we were together again to hear Grandma and Grandpa report their mission, and enjoy an Authentic African Party together. It was also a special day for little Dodger, as he received a name and a blessing from his father, Andy. I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of him in his cute little blessing outfit, but I am sure his mom got a few, so you can check them out on her blog.
Grandma and Grandpa gave each of us an authentic, custom-made, African outfit to wear for the party. I think that was probably as colorful as the "Black" family has ever been.
Stetson had a blast with his cousins: Gavin, Derek, Trace, Logan, Macy, Megan

One of the members over in Africa, who is now serving a mission, called Stetson the "Little Cowboy", and had this cute African outfit made just for him. . . Thanks Elder!

Now there are some true "Black" boys

After Suzie finished taking a bunch of pictures of the family in their new African clothes, Stetson thought it was her turn to get her picture taken, with him of course. I LOVE this pic, as Aunt Suzie is one of Stetson's favorite people - so cute!!!

Grandpa Black, happy to be home!




1 comments:
What a great post Amber! It is so good to see them home. I agree with the heaven comment, it is such a joy to be an eternal family. All the colorful clothes were so fun to look at. We need to get Suzie a blog because I want to see more! She is such an amazing photographer.
Post a Comment