Holy Cow, has it really been a month already? Time flies when you are having fun, and having Miss Lucy around has been a BLAST! I can't believe I haven't posted about Lucy since the announcement of her birth - what a slacker. Actually, I have been slacking on lots of things lately because I prefer to just cuddle with and gaze at my beautiful baby. She is so sweet and so precious, and I feel a little closer to heaven whenever I hold her.
Lucy weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. at her two week check up. Yeah, this chick gained a little over a pound in her first two weeks of life - way to go girl! She may have started out small, but she is catching up fast! 
She had a little trouble pooping right at first, but a little water in addition to brest milk fixed that problem. Now we just have to figure out how to fix the gas - I know, wait a few months, that is what everyone tells me. It is just so sad to see her in so much pain, and she never cries unless she has a tummy ache, which seems to be happening more and more often:( Lucy still has some baby acne on her face, but it is getting better. Her eyes are really drippy, and she usually wakes up with junk in them (hopefully this doesn't last a full year, like it did for her mom).
Her cord fell off the day before she turned two weeks, which seemed crazy to me because Stetson's fell of when he was three days old! Lucy is a good eater, and eats about every 4 hours (again different than her brother). She usually only wakes up once in the night to eat, but is an early riser - just like her mom. 
She tolerates the binki, but doesn't love it (I can't decide if that is good or bad). She likes to be swaddled and cuddled, which is fine by me! Lucy has already been to work with mom several times, to drill camp, and out to the winter range.
Stetson LOVES her, and always wants to hold her and kiss her and give her a binki. The only safe place for her is strapped in her bouncer, which she actually likes (again different than Stetson); he hasn't yet figured out how to get her out of the bouncer.

Lucy's was three weeks old the first time she went to church, and of course she looked adorable!
But, if looks could kill. . .
. . .someday she will get back at that big brother for all the times he picked her up, woke her up, or tore her bow off her head.
This little outfit is from her dad (notice that it is NOT pink). And the super cute flower is from Michelle Bennett - thanks!
Despite what the cute onesie from Grandma Black says, Lucy did not get to ride a horse on her one month old birthday, mostly because it was too darn windy, but she did get to go out and experience her first Roundup. Happy Birthday Cowgirl!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010
One month old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
SO SO SO CUTE!!!! She still seems like she weighs 5 lbs to me! I can't believe she gained that much weight. I love her in all of her cute outfits and bows.
Have you tried the melecon gas drops- they worked great for us or catnip and fennel are the best things we used for gassy/colickly problems. Take advantage of being little and make sure your well recovered without jumping back in life. She sounds adorabe and I can't wait to meet her!
She is beautiful, Amber! I was just in Blanding last weekend and I wanted so badly to come visit, but it was a really short trip, so I didn't get around to seeing anyone but my parents and sister who was visiting as well. I will come see y'all sometime soon though. She is adorable!
Post a Comment