Thursday, November 11, 2010

Preschool and the letter F

A couple months ago a friend of mine asked if I would like to do a preschool with her and a few other moms with boys the same age as ours. My first thought was, 'yes, but there is no way I can because I work.' But I have awesome bosses who are willing to let me leave work for a few hours every seven weeks so that Stetson and I can participate. I figured Stetson would enjoy it because I enjoys being with other kids, and he loves to learn. And I was right, he LOVES it, and would go every day if he could. We just do two hours twice a week, and each mom takes a week. I think the thing I feel the worst about is that I don't get to drop him off and pick him up each day, I know that is probably wierd, but it just seems like one of those things that a mom should be there for.
Anyway, this week was my turn, and I had the letter F. So many fun things you can do with the letter F! The first day we went fishing, decorated fish with fruit loops, and ate fish sticks and french fries. The second day we talked about the kids' families and made a fall leaf frame to put their family pictures in. We also read a book about feet and traced their feet, collected fall leaves, played football, and ate french toast sticks and fruit. It was fun to meet the kids and see their different personalities. It was also nice to see how Stetson interacted with them. As fun as it was, I am grateful I have a break before I have to do it again in January. Thanks so much to all the wonderful moms who have made this preschool a success!

Stetson and Tripp with their fruit loop fish

Brody with his fall leaf picture frame

"The Boys" gathering fall leaves

Baylor Nielson, Krew Pollock, Brody Bilbao, Cash Palmer, Stetson Black, Tripp Palmer

0 comments: