It was Sunday morning, and I was getting ready. I had my jewlery out, trying to decide what to wear, when Stetson came to "check" on me. He picked up my long black bead necklace and put it on. Then he said, "okay, I'm the mom". I thought that was pretty cute, so I decided to play along. "Oh good, this mommy needed a little break," I said. "Since you are the mom now, can you make breakfast?" "Sure", he said, strutting away like he was the COOLEST mom in the world. A few minutes later he said, "Dad, breakfast is ready." Of course Kenny thought he was talking to him, so he went into the kitchen. I could hear Stetson say, "you aren't the dad, mommy is." Laughing, I said, "so what's for breakfast, mom?" He came and got me and took me into the kitchen; there was a gallon of milk and a block of cheese on the table. By this time Kenny and I were both just rolling, but Stetson remained very serious. "Here you go," he said, and then left the room (I guess moms aren't supposed to eat).
Looking back on it, I realize that Stetson would probably eat cheese and milk for every meal and be perfectly happy. Oh that we could simplify our lives like little children. I am so thankful for all the things my kids teach me!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
I'm the Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Ha ha ha! That is too funny! Hope you enjoyed your "break" from being the mommy! :)
Post a Comment