I hope Lucy doesn't mind being called "Miss Lucy". Just after she was born, and she was having trouble breathing, the nurses didn't know her name, so they called her Missy. It kind of stuck, and we have called her Miss Lucy ever since. It has been awhile since I did a post on Lucy, and now that she is 16 months old, I think it is about time!

Lucy beat her brother by two months, and started walking when she was 13 months old. It was so much fun watching her learn because she is so determined, and she doesn't let things get her down. Of course her first steps were outside on uneven ground, and she fell down A LOT. Each time she fell down, she would just get right back up and try again - we didn't hear any crying or complaining, and she never gave up until she had it mastered. At first she walked like an old man, trying to keep her balance, with her feet far apart and her fists up in the air - so cute! Then it somehow morphed into an old woman walk, where she was kind of hunched over forward (she still does it sometimes, just to be funny). Now she is running, and loving every minute of it!
 |
| Never give up! |
 |
| The old man walk - feet apart, arms out |
 |
| The old lady walk - hunched forward |
 |
| You can't catch me! |
Lucy has five teeth and three on the way. If the top three teeth were grown in all the way she would look like a jack-o-lantern, as she is missing one of the middle front ones (don't worry, it is on its way). She is WAY behind her brother on this, as he had about 10 at this age.
 |
| Say cheese! |
 |
Lucy likes to throw her head back and laugh -
it gave me a great opportunity to get a pic of her top teeth |
Luckily Lucy has slowed down a little in the growing department, and her summer clothes have lasted ALL summer - yay! Her hair is starting to get a little thicker, but it started to look a little straggly with the long thin baby hair poking out of the thicker hair coming in, so I had my mom give her her first hair cut. She did it while I was at work, so I have no pictures - sad, I know. She looks much better now, but won't keep anything in it - pony tails, headbands, and even glued on bows - she pulls everything right out.
 |
| Yes, I AM in my brother's room reading HIS books :) |
 |
| Are these things supposed to be comfortable? |
Lucy is looking to be a bit of a tom-boy. She LOVES to be outside, playing with the animals and throwing a ball (or rocks). She loves to play in the dirt, and doesn't mind being dirty. I haven't found an animal that she doesn't like, but I think dogs are the current favorite.
 |
| Forget the swimming pool - let's play in the sand! |
 |
| Lovin' the dirt! |
 |
| Throwin' rocks in the water with cousin Aspen |
 |
| Lucy and Boda |
 |
| Puppies! She says this so cute! |
If it looks like ADVENTURE - Lucy is IN! She is not afraid of anything, and loves a good thrill . . . here are some of the most recent. . .
 |
| Swimming in the Lake |
 |
| Going down the slide - ANY slide - she isn't scared at all! |
 |
| Enjoyin' the spray of the sprinkler |
 |
| Ridin' a horse |
 |
| Jumpin' on the tramp |
Lucy is a tease! She thinks it is so funny to hand you something, then pull it away when you go to grab it. She also enjoys running up to someone like she is going to give them a big hug, then turning and running away right before she gets to them. Grandpa Grover doesn't like this trick, and she knows it, so she does it to him all the time!
 |
| Do you want my toothbrush? Syke! |
Despite the rough exterior, Lucy is super sweet. She loves to give kisses and blow kisses, and almost always remembers to say "Thank You". Lucy has been waking up a lot in the night lately; I think she does it just to that she can cuddle with mom and get rocked, 'cuz that always puts her right back to sleep. I miss the sleep, but LOVE this time I have with my baby!
 |
| Love you! |
Every girl has a weakness, and this is Lucy's . . .
 |
| A binki and a blankie can cure almost anything! |
Lucy LOVES her big brother, and thinks he is HILARIOUS. No matter how grumpy Lucy is, Stetson can make her laugh!
 |
| Enjoying a bath in mom and dad's whirlpool tub |
 |
| Dad |
 |
| or Mom? |
Definately mom. Stetson and Lucy often fight over me, and secretly I LOVE it!
Lucy likes to talk. She also seems to understand a lot of what we say because she responds, usually with "No". When she is trying to get someone's attention she yells "Mom", so I guess to her, everyone is mom. She says binki and blankie, puppy and doggie, mommy and daddy, and even Stetson. She knows what a dog, cow, and horse say, and if you ever ask her where daddy is, she says "moo", meaning he is taking care of the cows. Lucy is sooo good! She is definately spoiling me, but I am enjoying every minute of it!
 |
| We love you Miss Lucy Mae! |
1 comments:
What a sweet girl! We love Miss Lucy too! She's at such a fun age and is so easy going.
Post a Comment