So, it has been a little over a month now, since my official "last day" of work . . . kind of crazy! The first day on my new "full-time mom" job, I was super sick . . . not a good way to start! Thanks so much to my awesome sister Candice for taking the kids so I didn't have an audience in the bathroom, and I was able to get some rest. After that we went out of town for a few days, so it didn't really seem any different to me or the kids. The next week I filled in for one of the office replacements while he went to a training, so it was the same old, full-time schedule. The next week, as soon as my insurance ran out, my kids both got strep. Yes, two doctor visits and two shots - good initiation to the no insurance life huh? After about a week they were finally feeling better, and I was able to get some sleep!
Since then I have gone in to work here and there to help out as needed, but mostly I have just been home with the kids. I have to say that the best part so far is not having to worry about what to do with the kids, or what to do about work, when the kids are sick, I can just stay home and take care of them . . . it has been great! It is definately going to be an adjustment for me, as I feel like I have not accmplished anything at the end of the day, and that is a little frustrating. It seems like the kids are getting used to having me around more, and are starting to be a little less clingy, which is nice. I think it has also been nice for Kenny to be able to call me and have me do things for him during the day. It is different, and a little challenging some days, but I love being able to spend more time with my kids. They are worth EVERY sacrifice!
![]() |
| Man, I love these guys! |





0 comments:
Post a Comment