Monday, January 2, 2012

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas



I believe Christmas starts on December 1st and doesn't end until December 31st, Christmas Day is just the day you get off work and school, but the rest of the month is just as wonderful!  Here are a few things we did to celebrate the Christmas season this year:

VISITING SANTA
Stetson had to make sure Santa knew he wanted a big truck with a flatbed carrying a back hoe

Lucy didn't care if Santa knew what she wanted or not - "just get me off this guy's lap!"

DECORATING GINGERBREAD SHAPES
I found a kit to make 5 little gingerbread houses, and I was so excited because that meant we could each have our own - not a good idea!  They were so tiny, they were hard to put together, and it was just a mess.  Besides, since we are a family, we should all live together, right?  In the future, we will just do one big one!
Stetson was pleased, and very proud of our houses
From left to right: Lucy's, Mom's, Steston's, Dad's (he got two)

The gingerbread men we decorated for Stetson's friends

PLAYING IN THE SNOW
My awesome friend Jeanna brought over a Snowman kit - minus the snow, and it snowed the next day!  She has amazing timing, don't you think?  Okay, it wasn't a lot of snow, but there was definately enough to build a snowman, so Stetson and I took the opportunity.  Meet Frosty the Snowman, beloved by Stetson and tortured by our dogs, sorry Frosty!  Stetson knew the dogs were out to get Frosty, so he would run out and check on him every little bit, and each time he would dance around him singing Frosty the Snowman - so cute!  The sun finally got the best of Frosty, but he got more love than any snowman I have ever met!
The one and only:
Frosty the Snowman

This proves you don't need much snow to make a Snow Angel!

There was a little more snow up at Devil's Canyon, and Stetson definately needed his snow boots while we were searching for the perfect Christmas Tree

And here it is!
Daddy, cutting down our tree

Lucy didn't bring her boots, so she stayed by the truck and took care of the dogs - so cute!

The day after Christmas we had a party with the Black cousins, and it started with sledding up at Devil's Canyon.  Lucy fell asleep on the way there, so she missed most of the fun, but Stetson had a blast!

Trace and Stetson ready to take on the hill

Stetson, Mom & Aunt Suzie, enjoying a tabogan ride behind the 4-wheeler

A GIFT FOR THE HORSES
We have tried to make it a tradition to take a treat to some of our animals on Christmas, and this year we decided to do it on Christmas Eve.  The kids had so much fun, especially Lucy!

Lucy was not afraid at all, and just wanted to walk right up to them

This is Misty, and she was kind enough to let the kids pet her while she gobbled up her Christmas treat.

And here is Stetson on his horse Mater

I absolutely LOVE this picture!

CHRISTMAS EVE 
It has always been a tradition in Kenny's family to have a candlelight dinner on Christmas Eve.  It was decided that the family was getting a little too big to get everyone together for this event, so it was left up to the individual families to do what they wanted.  I'll admit, I was a little bummed.  However, I was so excited when Kenny's parents invited us over to celebrate with them.  We had good food, good company, and even some good entertainment.  I found out that Stetson is not shy at all, he would have sung Christmas songs all night if we would have let him!  Thanks mom and dad, for a wonderful Christmas Eve!
My two cute kids performing for Grandma and Grandpa Black
(with ornaments off their tree)

GIFTS!
The kids got to open their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas Eve, and they were thrilled!

Lucy got this adorable rocking chair that she absolutely loves!

And Stetson can get all his energy out, bouncing around on this cool ball
 And when we got home, I had a Christmas surprise waiting for me!  I was so excited, I didn't know what to say!  Thanks Kenny!!!
My very own piano . . . and it is beautiful!
The kids in their new jammies on Christmas Eve

CHRISTMAS DAY

After Santa's visit . . . isn't it magical?

Gifts from Santa

Stetson and Dad, just checkin' out the new backhoe

Lucy rocking her new dance and play puppy


What did you get in your stocking?

The best sibling hug ever!
This was after these two had exchanged gifts:
Little animals for Lucy and a dart gun for Stetson

Stetson with his Christmas loot
Yes, we finally got him a Black Stetson:)

Lucy, showing off her Christmas treasures
notice the cowboy boots - super cute!

Miss Lucy, all ready for church, just trying out mom's new piano
 After church we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Grover's house where we got to talk to Uncle Jesse on skype!  It was so great to see him and talk with him!  He is doing well and enjoying the mission life in California.

Then we had a yummy dinner and opened more presents!

Lucy got a new blanket from Aspen, and went right over to Grandpa to snuggle up

Stetson got a new sled from Paige, and it came in very handy when we went sledding the next day!
We actually had a party the night before Christmas Eve to exchange our sibling gifts because J.J. and Tamra weren't going to be here for Christmas, but my gift from Jesse hadn't arrived yet, so we opened it on Christmas day.  I sure do love these guys!!  Thanks for everything!

My siblings and I , after opening our name gifts

I made Jens this blanket.
Yes, I did say MADE.  It was a lot of fun, and I hope it lasts a long time!

Our gifts from Jesse: a headlamp for Kenny, a pink scarf for me, a picture of the savior and a super cute Christmas book - Thanks Elder Grover!


Gifts from Grandma:
Travel/Church bags full of fun stuff to keep kids entertained


 BLACK FAMILY PARTY

Complete with Silent Night played by Steve Black on the old organ


And a pinata full of candy for the kids

1 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

That looks like quite the December. It's so fun to be able to spend so much time with family. I feel bad we haven't made it over to see your guys' new toys that everyone got for Christmas.