Two of my amazing brothers were among the top four wrestlers for San Juan High this year. It was a tough year for both of them, but they stuck with it and finished strong. I was only able to watch one home dual, against Monticello.
 |
| Jens, in the yellow, is clearly leading the match |
 |
| 1...2...3...PIN! |
 |
| Jade, the only senior wrestler, has some tricky leg moves |
 |
| Jade, in yellow, stayed on top and ended the match with a PIN! |
I am grateful for the opportunity I had to watch these guys at the State Tournament at UVU. We rode up in the semi with Kenny, then met my dad in the bus at the truck stop in Springville and he took us to the school. I was a little nervous about having both of my kids by myself with that many people, but they did great. Jade and Jens, along with their teammates Dallin Jacobson and Chase Richmond won enough matches to make it to the second day. Kenny and Stetson went home, but Lucy and I stayed to watch the final matches, and they were intense! Jade finished in 4th, Dallin finished 5th, Chase finished 6th, and Jens finished 7th. The funny thing about Jade's 4th place finish is that his brothers both placed 4th at State their Senior years as well. I guess the Grovers are a 4th place family . . . we will see what Jens does as a senior. Jade was also among 10 2A senior wrestlers to be named to the 2012 Academic All-State team! Way to go Jade!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment