Sunday, September 22, 2013

Black Family Reunion

The 2013 Black Family Reunion was July 4-5 at Grandma and Grandpa's new cabin.  It was so awesome to have ALL of the family there.  I sure got lucky to marry into this family!  I love them all!

The cabin at Devil's Canyon (not quite finished outside)
The highlight of the reunion was installing the new playground equipment from the old Walter C. Lyman park.  The grandkids (and Grandma) were super excited!
The ribbon cutting ceremony

Still working on it, but it is done enough for the kids to play!!!

Stetson's trick on the new slide

Never too old to have fun!
(nope, it didn't break)

Lucy loves the swing!!!
 We also had an awesome scavenger hunt where the kids had a list of things they had to find.  I was amazed at how many of the kids got everything on the list!!!
Stetson with his bag of treasures

Lucy had fun too, you just can't tell from the picture 

Now this is Lucy's kind of treasure . . . a horny toad!
We also got to go swimming, with the whole pool to ourselves!
Grandma and Grandpa even joined the fun

No one had more fun than Grandma!

It was a little cold, but it gave Lydia a chance to snuggle with daddy

Lucy Mae

The Stet-man

Lucy and Bronx
It doesn't get any cuter than this!!!
We went for a drive in Grandma and Grandpa's new ride . . . AWESOME!!!  Now I want one!
Stetson and Garrett in Big Red
 Lydia was pretty sure she was the star of the show.  Always smiling and happy as everyone passed her around.
with Brooki, Taylor's fiance

with Katie

Dave and Marlene with the two youngest members of the Black family . . . Stihl and Lydia
We also had a fun-filled evening with family skits and a pie eating contest (too bad I didn't have my camera).  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!  Thanks guys!  The food was AMAZING!!!  And there was plenty for all.  Plus, we had good company at a great location!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the awesome family reunion!!!

0 comments: