My brother Jesse is a Junior, and last Friday was the Junior Prom. My mom, my sister and I did a 'mixed up' breakfast for Jesse and his group. Since the theme was sports, the menu consisted of a list of sports items (we knew what food each item stood for, but they didn't). It was a lot of fun because they didn't know what they were ordering. That night we went to the dance where we watched Promenade. Jesse's partner was Kara Redd. It was fun to see six of my drill team girls dancing. They did a great job! Jesse was voted the third attendant in the prom royalty.

Jesse's group:
Kara Redd, Jesse Grover, Alisha Tate, Trevor Palmer, Jody Black, Drew Nielson, Alyssa Simpson, Cooper Sharp, Kelsey Bailey, Zac Adams, Jennifer Hunt, Chai Bayles

Jesse and Kara dancing promenade

The 2009 Prom Royalty:
Brooke Bowring (Queen), Drew Nielson (King), Ashkia Benallie and Spencer Bradford (1st), Jessica Bergeman and Jimmy Tate (2nd), Alisha Tate and Jesse Grover (3rd)
Saturday was my mom's 50th birthday! I told her not to worry, she is really just 18 with 32 years experience, and aged to perfection! It's true! She is the best mom ever! I love her tons, and am hoping for 50 more years with her. While she was in Farmington watching Jens wrestle, we decorated her living room, and we made her a cute cake. It was actually Kenny's idea, and if you can't tell from the photo there is a road going over the hill with a 57 chevy car right at the top of the hill. The sign says "Welcome to the 50s" and at the end of the road is a 50s diner. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

Sunday, of course, was Easter. The Easter Bunny left Stetson a basket of goodies, and he was WAY excited about the candy - who cares about the toys, right? He did have a lot of fun with the bubbles though. I wish you could hear him giggle as he tried to catch them and they popped all around him. Holidays are so much fun with kids!!!
Sunday night we had dinner with my family, and the kids all went hunting easter eggs. Stetson caught right on, and with McKady's help, found 16 eggs! Way to go Stet-man! The eggs were filled with candy, and Stetson figured out really quick how to open them. He was stuffing candy in his mouth so fast, I couldn't keep up. Needless to say, it was a late night!
After dinner and the egg hunt McKady pulled out 12 eggs, each contained an item that represented part of the story of Christ, the Atonement and the Resurrection. It was so great to have that reminder of the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. I know that Christ died for ME, and that He suffered so that I don't have to suffer. I know that He lives, and that He loves ME. What a blessing it is to know that I will never have to be alone, He will always be there for me. Because of his sacrifice, I will be able to live again after I die, and be with my family forever. I am so grateful for this knowledge and the blessing the gospel is in my life. I pray that I will always live worthy of this great blessing. Happy Easter!
1 comments:
Reading about junior prom just reminded of me of the breakfast y'all made for us! That was the best prom date, ever! Glad y'all had a good Easter. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I love you!
Post a Comment