The best part about Halloween is that we also get to celebrate my brother Jade's birthday. And this year was extra special because he turned 16! Congratulations Jade! We love you tons, and are so proud of you for your accomplishments and the wonderful young man you are becoming!
Jade worked for us on the ranch this summer, and did an awesome job. So, for a thank you gift/birthday gift we had Shawn Jack make some new chaps for him. He must have liked them since he used them as part of his Halloween costume, dressed up as a cowboy. Though it didn't really seem like he was "dressed up", Jade is a cowboy, and a good one too! Happy Birthday little bro!
For lunch we got together and made a Halloween Feast, complete with pizza, bones and blood (breadsticks and red sauce), and mummies (little smokies wrapped in bread dough). It was a lot of fun, and super yummy too. The kids had a blast!


Next we went to the Quarter Final football game where the San Juan Broncos played the Kanab cowboys. The Broncos didn't play their best, but they did play well enough to win the game 13-7. So, it is on to the semi-finals next week in Cedar City. Go Broncos!
This year we dressed Stetson up as a basket of laundry, he started the day as a basket of clean laundry, but by the time we went trick-or-treating he was a basket of dirty laundry. He really wasn't impressed with this costume, I guess it was just too bulky or something. Don't worry, next year I will let HIM decide what he wants to be for Halloween. . . 

. . .but this year, he had to make an announcement!
Yup, it's true, Stetson is going to be a BIG BROTHER! The due date is June 1st - we are super excited! Don't worry, I will keep you posted!Disclaimer: I ordered this shirt with plans to put it OVER a costume, but when they sent the wrong size (6 months), I had to move to plan B - make the shirt PART of the costume. I pinned it, along with lots of other clothes, to his clothes, cut out the bottom of a laundry basket, and PRESTO - a basket of laundry!




7 comments:
He was the cutest basket of laundry I had ever seen. That was so creative. I'm so happy for you guys! You guys make the cutest kids. Coongratulations.
Congratulations. That is so exciting.
Congratulations you guys! That's so exciting! I hope you are feeling well. Stetson will be a great brother!
Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys.
YAY!!! EXCITING!!! CONGRATS!!
I'm so excited for you guys. I need to make it over to Blanding.
AHH!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited for y'all!!! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment