Last week we went on vacation - well, I did. Kenny had meetings, so Stetson and I went along for the ride. We spent a wonderful three days swimming, shopping, watching TV, and just relaxing - it was WONDERFUL! The only thing that would have made it better was if Stetson and I hadn't been sick :( Oh well, it could have been worse! Definately something to be THANKFUL for!
Stetson enjoying the "big" bed at the hotel
her responses to the questions of others answered ALL of my questions. What an awesome experience! Something else to be THANKFUL for!
Stetson enjoying the "big" bed at the hotelSaturday morning I hurried home to make it to Monticello in time to hear our Relief Society General President, Sister Julie Beck. It was SO worth it to get back for that! The meeting was so awesome! The spirit was so strong for the entire two hours, and I was filled to overflowing. Sister Beck came with no notes, just her scriptures, the Proclamation to the Families, and the Conference Issue of the Ensign. She invited anyone who wanted to ask questions, and she answered them. Of course I wasn't brave enough to ask any of the questions I had, but
Saturday night my niece Aspen Jennette Palmer was born. A beautiful little girl, weighing only 5 lbs. 8 oz., 19 1/2" long, with big beautiful eyes and tons of hair. It was an expected C-section, but not an emergency, and her daddy was able to witness her birth (the first of their 4 children). Both mom and baby are well and healthy. Congratulations Josh and Candice! Definately another blessing to be THANKFUL for!
Aspen Jennette, and big brother Zackary
On Tuesday, November 24th I celebrated 9 wonderful years with the love of my life. I honestly can't believe it has been that long, and yet I can't imagine life without Kenny. He is such an awesome example, wonderful husband and father, and shows more patience, understanding and support than I deserve. Some of the things I love most about Kenny are his positive attitude and contagious smile. When Kenny walks in with that big smile and sparkling blue eyes, everything seems right! I love you tons hon - forever and ever! Something else to be THANKFUL for!
What a PERFECT time to celebrate THANKSGIVING!!! After a pretty rocky month, my family sat down together for a yummy dinner of the traditional Turkey and mashed potatoes. One of the highlights was when my mom asked us to go around the table and each say something that we are thankful for. I could have gone on all day, but instead I narrowed it down to a few things that I belive make all the others possible - the gospel, the atonement, and prayer. By the time we were done, we all had tears in our eyes. Seeing my parents sitting together at the head of the table - definately something to be THANKFUL for!
5 lb Aspen on her first Thanksgiving, next to the 16 lb turkey
What a PERFECT time to celebrate THANKSGIVING!!! After a pretty rocky month, my family sat down together for a yummy dinner of the traditional Turkey and mashed potatoes. One of the highlights was when my mom asked us to go around the table and each say something that we are thankful for. I could have gone on all day, but instead I narrowed it down to a few things that I belive make all the others possible - the gospel, the atonement, and prayer. By the time we were done, we all had tears in our eyes. Seeing my parents sitting together at the head of the table - definately something to be THANKFUL for!
5 lb Aspen on her first Thanksgiving, next to the 16 lb turkey
Just a preview of the wonderful buffet of food we enjoyed on Thanksgiving
And finally, one more thing to be THANKFUL for - my handsome son, Stetson.




2 comments:
What an awesome post! You have a really good way with words. Little Aspen is so cute. I can't wait to see her in person. Sorry I didn't realize it was your anniversary. You should have let me keep Stetson for you guys.
Wow, 9 years! That's so great! Amber, you're awesome. Thanks for your example of being so THANKFUL!!!
Post a Comment