Well, I decided to do a pregnancy update since it has been so long since the big announcement. I will be honest, this pregnancy has really been an eye opener for me. I honestly thought that they would all be a breeze, like my last one - but boy was I wrong! It didn't help that I got the flu and croop and a sinus infection right at the beginning of the pregnancy - - it is bad enough to feel nauseated, but when you can't breathe or stop coughing at the same time - that is miserable. Luckily, that only lasted about a month, and then I just felt nauseated - pretty much all the time, but it got worse if I went longer than about 2 hours without eating. Finally, at about 12 weeks I started to feel better during the day and worse at night, starting at about 6:00. Now, at 16 weeks I am mostly very tired in the evenings with only an occasional evening of feeling sick. So, things are improving! I realize that there are a lot of people out there who are much sicker than I have been, but it was a surprise to me because I was not hardly sick at all with Stetson - a sign that it must be a girl, as I have been told!
We have talked with Stetson about being a big brother, and that mommy has a baby in her tummy, but he just looks at us like we are crazy. I think once my belly starts getting bigger it will be more real to him. I'm not really showing yet, though I have put on a little weight and my clothes are starting to fit a little more snug. Stetson is really sweet with Aspen and Dodger, and as soft as a two year old can be, so that is a good sign.
I went to the doctor at 14 weeks, then back in for an ultrasound at 16 weeks. I knew it was probably too early to tell the sex, but the doc wanted me to have an ultrasound - mostly to confirm the dates, which seem to be right on. The baby is only about an inch long, and weighs about 5 oz, which is amazing after watching it move around on the screen. We saw arms and legs and fingers and toes, and a super cute little profile of its face. Of course I also have pictures of the heart and kidneys and other internal organs, but I can't for the life of me see them. At one point they said that the sex was obvious (girl), but then changed their mind when a little dot appeared down there. . . I guess we will just have to wait and see. I still think it is a girl - if you want to make a guess, I would love to know - just leave me a comment.

2 comments:
SO cute! I love the little profile shot. I think it will be a girl too. It would be so perfect so she could be close with Aspen. I think Stetson is going to be such a good big brother. He loves babies and is so sweet with Dodger.
Amber, that is so wonderful! I hope it's a girl!!! Also, I wanted to tell you how sad I was I couldn't see you during Christmas. Glad it was good for you!
Post a Comment