Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter and the Stet-man

A few weeks ago I posted about the terrific, terrible twos; well, the main purpose of this post is to tell about one of the Terrible Two moments in Stetson's life. But first, some Terrific pics:

I got these super cool sunglasses as a spirit builder from one of my drill team girls. On this day, Stetson and Dodger found them and I just HAD to get out the camera.


Note that Stetson took the photo of Dodger - pretty good for a two year old, huh?


My sister and I decided to take the kids over to Cortez to the Rec Center and let them swim, since it was too windy and cold to do anything outside. Stetson had a BLAST! I took him once before, but he was only 6 months old. He LOVED the kid pool, mostly because the water was shallow enough that he could play on his own without having someone hold on to him.


Stetson found my sunglasses - now that is one handsome dude!


Kenny and I were up checking out the progress on our upstairs remodel and Stetson found these two pieces of pipe and was walking around with them on his legs. It was so cute, he looked like the tin man!


The last weekend in March Stetson and I rode up north with Kenny in the semi truck so that we could pick up a load of hay on our way to our nephew Gavin's baptism. It was actually a lot of fun, and Stetson LOVED the sleeper, though we didn't let him ride there the whole time, as he needed to be buckled in his seat. I love this pic of my boys watching them load the hay.


When Stetson got tired of watching them load the truck, him and I wondered over to look at the dairy cows, as that is where we got the hay from - a dairy. He wasn' scared at all, just walked right up to them as they were eating.


That night Stetson got to go swimming with his cousins. Kenny got Stetson a cool floatie that went around his arms and across his chest. I was surprised how well it kept him afloat, and he could go anywhere he wanted by kicking his legs and paddling his arms. Yay for floaties!



EASTER!
I took Stetson to the annual Easter egg hunt that the High School National Honors Society puts on, and he had a blast - even if he didn't get very many eggs, he was sure proud of the ones he got!


Later we went to my mom's house where my brother Jens tended the kids while my mom did my nails. How clever of him to dress up as an Indian, and dress them up as Cowboys - it was as if we were right back in the wild wild west!



The Easter Bunny found our house and brought Stetson some new church clothes, a few toys, some candy, and balloons (Stetson's personal favorite). Here he is on Easter morning, sporting his new hair cut - - thanks mom!


THE TERRIBLE TWO INCIDENT:
Monday morning I had a doctor's appointment, so I asked Kenny's parents to watch Stetson and Dodger for me. While I was gone, Kenny's mom was taking care of Dodger when she heard the back door open and close. She knew it was Stetson, so she hurried and finished what she was doing and went to check on him, but he wasn't in the backyard. She went outside and couldn't find him anywhere. Soon Kenny's dad, Alicia and Andy, Suzie and Steve, and Shauna were all in on the search looking for Stetson. After my appointment I went straight to work, thinking that Alicia would just pick the boys up and take them to her house. I had been at work for about two hours when I got THE phone call. I guess Kenny got in on the search too, and after about an hour and a half, and a lot of praying, they finally found Stetson in Kenny's parents' camp trailer, with a stinky diaper, asleep in the chair. I didn't know whether to be upset or relieved that no one notified me until AFTER the incident was over, but I WAS glad to hear that it turned out okay. Thanks so much to Mom and Dad, and everyone else who was in on the search. I especially thank my Heavenly Father for watching out for my curious, michieveous little two year old. I love you Stet-man!!!

3 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

Oh Stetson! He is so fun and so crazy. I love him so much and have never been happier in my whole life to see a little stinky guy. We love him so much and are so thankful for the power of prayer and also for great family/neighbors. Think how funny it will be to tell him this story when he's a teenager. :)

Great pictures!

Christina said...

Cute post Amber! Aren't the terrible twos great! haha. I am sure glad he was found and okay, I bet it was a big scare for everyone.

Unknown said...

Fun post! I'm so glad Stetson was ok after wandering!