At 29 weeks I finally got to find out what I am having! For weeks people have asked, "do you know what you are having?" And when I say "no", they say, "oh, you don't want to find out?" Yes, I want to find out. . . it wasn't MY fault they couldn't tell on the first ultrasound! From the beginning I have thought it must be a girl because I felt so DIFFERENT than I did with Stetson; I have been more moody and alot sicker (definately traits of a girl right?), also I haven't grown any extra facial hair like I did with Stetson (wierd, I know, but I did grow some pretty good blonde sideburns when I was pregnant with Stetson).
At about six months I started getting lots of comments like, "wow, you are finally starting to look pregnant!" It's true, but even though I didn't LOOK pregnant, I sure FELT pregnant! The baby was just tucked away inside, smashing all my organs. But then when I started to show, I REALLY started to show. . . and now I feel HUGE (and my organs are still smashed). Anyway, here is a photo of me (and Stetson) in our green St. Patrick's Day attire, at 29 weeks.
So, I got my ultrasound today (St. Patrick's Day), and I didn't even get dizzy laying there on my back (which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!) Everything checks out, and the baby appears to be healthy and have all its parts. . . and those parts don't include any outdoor plumbing. . . yup, WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!! Yay!!! We are so excited! Last week my sister McKady asked Stetson what he wanted it to be, and he told her, "girl", so I think he is excited too (until the baby comes and steals all of mom's attention. . . I think that will be a hard day for my mama's boy). I guess now that we know, we had better start thinking of a name. . . any ideas?
It was so fun to see the baby moving around in there, with her feet clear up by her face, and her hand behind her head like she was posing or something. I think she is going to be a dancer as she is already super flexible! My favorite photo is this one of her profile. . . it looks like she has Stetson's nose!
I also liked this one, as it looks like she is scratching her nails down the side of the uterus or something, plus you can see her little body and a leg at the bottom.
I decided not to post the photo showing that she is a girl, as a girl deserves SOME privacy, right?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
So, is it a girl or a boy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Hooray! Congratulations! A baby girl is so much fun, and so much different than a boy! You will love it! It's fun to be able to start buying super cute pink things. I love shopping for baby girls! I still catch myself looking at the baby girl things, when I need to focus on baby boy things, but oh well! Yeah!
Amber you are so patient to wait till 29 wks. I guess you didn't have much of a choice. I know I would be going CRAZY not knowing. Congratulations! It will be super fun for you guys to have one of each! Also I commend you for thinking terrible two's are terrific. Right now I am thinking they are just TERRIBLE at our house!
Yay! Congrats!! That's so cute! A little girl! And you aren't even close to huge! You are totally still skinny!
Congrats!! Having a girl will be so fun and it is perfect so that Aspen will have a little girl to play with that is her age!! Now I can think of all the different pink stuff that can be made for a little girl......
congrats on the girl! they are so fun! you look amazing too!
So excited for you!!!
Yay!!! We're so excited for you! I have some dresses to give you. I was hoping somebody would have a girl so I can pass on the cute stuff Jessie has outgrown (what's not worn out, anyway).
Post a Comment