Monday, March 15, 2010

House Update

I just wanted to do a quick post to update the progress on our house. The second dormer on the back is done, and they are now working on the dormer in front. It was kind of funny, when they took the existing front dormer out, the house looked really lopsided. Now that the front dormer is framed, it looks much better. I took a couple photos today, but can't seem to get them off my camera, so those pics will have to wait until the next post.

Wouldn't you know that when the house was at this stage, we got a storm. Luckily the guys had covered the hole with the hugest tarp I have ever seen, and we all stayed warm and dry.
They took out both walls and the door at the top of the stairs, and now there is just a big piece of plywood covering the hole.
Before. . .

. . .and after

I felt like a gofer as I removed the plywood and poked my head up through the hole to see the progress. Having the walls gone makes it look so much bigger! I thought for a minute that maybe we should leave it that way, but then changed my mind. Where the blue tarp is will be the front dormer, and this room will be our office. I was very surprised (and pleased) to find out that this new dormer will add 4 feet of floor space to that room - yay! You can see the doorway to our bedroom framed up on the left hand side of the photo.
The office before. . .

. . . and after

Where the plywood is leaned up against the frame will be our bathroom.
Looking toward the bathroom before. . .

. . . and after

And this will be our living room. I know you can't really tell what everything is now, but I just wanted to post the progress.
Before. . .

. . . and after

1 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

I can't believe how fast things are coming. It looks so good and BIG!!!