It started on Friday with the Frost Black family reunion. We all met up at Kenny's Uncle Arvid's cabin and Kenny's parents were in charge. We were missing most of the Pincock family because Uncle Dick was in the hospital recovering from surgery due to a tear in his esophagus. He is doing better than he was, but still has a long road ahead of him; he and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. Anyway, the reunion started at noon with a yummy lunch of sloppy joes, chips and watermelon. We arrived a little late because I was at work trying to get monthly reports done (yes, I am still on maternity leave). Suzie did a cute craft with the kids, stars to wave at the parade. Then she helped people decorate notebooks; I didn't make a notebook, mostly because Lucy and I were having a nap, which was wonderful! I was supposed to go to my 10 year class reunion that evening, and had actually planned on it, but Kenny wouldn't go with me and I am a bum and didn't want to go alone - sorry class of 2000, hope you all had fun! Instead I stayed at the family reunion for a dinner of marinated chicken and dutch oven potatoes, followed by a program dedicated to Kenny's gradparents. It was a lot of fun, and Stetson impressed everyone with his dancing skills, yup that's my boy!
KENNY AND LUCY ENJOYING THE REUNION
STETSON ENJOYING THE FOOD AT THE REUNION
The next day was the 4th of July Celebration.
4TH OF JULY LUCY
FOURTH OF JULY STETSON
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
THE GIRLS
THE BOYS
I was really excited that I actually got to watch the parade this year; the drill team girls marched, and did a very good job. 
Stetson had a BLAST catching candy with his cousins 
And Lucy enjoyed being snuggled up in Grandma Black's arms in the shade
The highlight for me was getting soaked by the water truck as it came by. 
Stetson was a good sport, and just laughed about getting wet. After the traditional navajo taco lunch I performed at an Independence Day Program with Brielle, Jo, Kelli and Shaeli. It was my first time clogging since Christmas and I felt a little out of shape, but it was a lot of fun! We had dinner with my family and then watched the fireworks. It was an incredible show! Stetson LOVED it (for the first time in his life) and talked my ear off the whole time. It was fun to see the show through a child's eyes.
And Sunday was Lucy's blessing day! My mom made her a beautiful blessing dress and afghan for her special day.
She was blessed by her father, along with three other babies in our ward. Curtiss and Maggie Bradford blessed their baby boy, Declan Bevan Bradford, Derick and Nidia Jones blessed their baby girl, Kloe Brooke Jones, and Chad and Tiawna Moses blessed their baby boy, Andrew Chad Moses. I wish we could have gotten a photo of the four of them together, but it just didn't happen. The blessing was beautiful, and the spirit was definately there. Lucy was so good the whole time, and was actually awake! Thanks so much to Suzie for taking some pictures for us - she does such an awesome job!
OUR FAMILY
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA BLACK
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA GROVER 
THE GROVER FAMILY
WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
A busy weekend. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! I love the pictures. Especially the one with Lucy and your parents it is adorable! She has a beautiful dress and blanket, blessings are such specail occasions. Too bad we are so far or we would have come.
How sweet! I am sad we missed the event. We blessed Logan on the fourth of July 6 years ago!Time flies! Can't wait to see you in 3 1/2 weeks! Yikes! Am I going to be ready for a trip so soon?
The blessing dress and blanket are absolutely gorgeous!
Post a Comment