Has it really been two months? I guess so. I have decided that from day one, Lucy has been in a hurry. She was in a big hurry to get here, and she seems to be growing and progressing very quickly. Sometimes she acts almost frustrated that she is stuck inside this tiny body that she doesn't have a lot of control over yet. Here are a few things about Miss Lucy:
*she is a cuddle bug, and loves to cuddle (the problem with this is that she doesn't like to sleep in her own bed)
*she usually wakes up once in the night to eat, but is a very early riser - just like her mom
*she has a good grip and loves to have her hands in fists (providing Stetson the opportunity to give her "knucks" quite often)
*she still has baby acne on her face, and now a red heat rash on her chest and arms, I guess this will go away in time
*she still has very watery, goobery eyes - hopefully the drops and ointment will help and she won't have to get her tear ducts opened up.
*she is a little collicy, and is usually worse when I have eaten something spicy (Mylicon drops have been a lifesaver!)
*she just started reaching for toys when they are put in front of her
*she loves to be wrapped up tight, even when it is super hot
*she loves to be outside
*she still sleeps quite a bit, but when she is awake, she is very alert and smiley
*she likes to hold her head up when she is on her tummy, and can do it for long periods of time now
*she likes the swing and the bouncer (with the vibrater on)
*she stretches a grunts a lot - super cute!
*she loves her bath
*she loves her big brother
MORE CUTE LUCY PICS:
5 WEEKS
6 WEEKS
7 WEEKS
8 WEEKS
Lucy went in for her 2 month checkup on Monday, July 19th. The doctor said she looks very healthy, and is growing good. She is now 21" long, putting her in about the 5th percentile, and weighs 10 lbs 8 oz, putting her in about the 15th percentile. So, even though she has grown a ton, I guess she is still pretty small for her age. She also had to get the dreaded shots. She did very well, in fact her cry was so delayed I started to wonder if she was going to cry at all. Then she calmed right down when I wrapped her up tight and held her close - what an angel!
She slept for the next several hours, woke up screaming then slept for several more hours. I kept watching for a fever since Stetson ran one with every set of shots, but it never came - thank goodness! However, Stetson started running a fever that evening, and I thought 'wow, what a nice brother to suffer the after-shot symptoms for his sister.' After a rather rough night of 'nothing hurts, I'm just tired and can't sleep' I checked his throat, and knew it was strep - so I took him in. Sure enough! And he got a shot too! Here is the tired little boy, finally getting some sleep - poor guy! 
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Lucy is 2 months old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I can't believe she is already 2 months! So crazy how fast they grow. It was good seeing you guys at the pool the other day!
She is so sweet! I love the picture of her and Stetson sleeping, is that real or staged?
Poor Stetson, I didn't know he had strep. I hope he gets feeling better fast.
The picture of the two of them asleep is real. I was reading to Stetson to get him to sleep, and Lucy fell asleep too - this happens quite often.
Post a Comment