Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bedtime Update

I am happy to report that, thanks to the suggestions from all my blogger friends, bedtime is a lot more pleasant at my house now! We don't really have a "set" time for bedtime, mostly because Kenny and I have crazy schedules and sometimes we don't have dinner until 8:00 (terrible, I know, but such is the life of a rancher). Anyway, I usually start the bedtime routine sometime between 8 and 9. Stetson has a bath, we clean up all the toys, brush teeth and have prayers. Then it is our favorite time of the day - story time! If Lucy is still awake, she joins us for story time, and Stetson is so cute to let her lay in bed beside him, under the covers of course! Stetson gets to pick two stories. Sometimes he falls asleep before we get through them, but if he doesn't I kiss him good night and leave him with a book to look at. He is usually asleep by 9:30 - not super early, but lots better than 11:00! I don't know if it was the routine that helped to improve bedtime, or if Stetson just finally decided to give in, either way, it has been WONDERFUL! Thanks for your comments and suggestions! I love you Stet-man!

0 comments: