Not very many people get to celebrate a birthday on a day as cool as this, but Stetson did! For at least a month now Stetson has been telling almost everyone he sees, "my birthday's comin' up soon, and I'm gonna be 3 years old." He was SOOOO excited to have a birthday this year, and it made me excited too! I kept asking him what he wanted, and other than the one time that his uncle Andy set him up to say he wanted an iPod touch (he doesn't even know what that is), he would always say a birthday cake with candles. I tried to talk him into a football cake because he loves football, and I thought that would be easy, but he didn't go for that; he wanted a horse cake. He really wanted me to make it look like his horse Mater, but I wasn't creative enough to figure out how to make black icing, so we went with a brown Mater instead. He LOVED it! I knew Mater himself wouldn't be enough to feed the whole family, so I made a bale of hay and some cupcakes to go with him. When was the last time YOU had a flake of hay with your bowl of ice cream?
I was so happy that Stetson's birthday fell on a Sunday because that meant that I got to spend the whole day with him. We started the day with some of his favorite foods for breakfast, blueberry muffins and cantaloupe (this kid LOVES cantaloupe!)
Then we went to church, and he got to wear his new church clothes. After church we opened presents.


Then we had dinner at Grandma Grover's house; more of Stetson's favorites, noodles, chicken, corn and homemade rolls - Yum! He opened a couple more gifts, some sports footie sleepers from Grandma and Grandpa (that he wanted to wear to school the next day), and a cute little kitten that moves its feet from J.D. and family.
Then it was over to Grandma Black's house for the BIG party! We sang to Stetson and he blew out his candles (a favorite Stetson activity, only this time they were HIS candles). We all ate cake and ice cream and he opened MORE presents - what a spoiled guy! A super cute quilt (and some balloons, another Stetson favorite) from Aunt Suzie and family, a Mr. Potato head from Andy & Alicia, and a tractor and bubbles from Grandma and Grandpa Black. Thanks so much to everyone for the wonderful gifts, and for making Stetson's special day a WONDERFUL one!
Just a few notes about the Stet-man:
We love you Stetson, and hope you enjoy every minute of being 3 years old!!!

I was so happy that Stetson's birthday fell on a Sunday because that meant that I got to spend the whole day with him. We started the day with some of his favorite foods for breakfast, blueberry muffins and cantaloupe (this kid LOVES cantaloupe!)
Then we went to church, and he got to wear his new church clothes. After church we opened presents.


Then we had dinner at Grandma Grover's house; more of Stetson's favorites, noodles, chicken, corn and homemade rolls - Yum! He opened a couple more gifts, some sports footie sleepers from Grandma and Grandpa (that he wanted to wear to school the next day), and a cute little kitten that moves its feet from J.D. and family.
Then it was over to Grandma Black's house for the BIG party! We sang to Stetson and he blew out his candles (a favorite Stetson activity, only this time they were HIS candles). We all ate cake and ice cream and he opened MORE presents - what a spoiled guy! A super cute quilt (and some balloons, another Stetson favorite) from Aunt Suzie and family, a Mr. Potato head from Andy & Alicia, and a tractor and bubbles from Grandma and Grandpa Black. Thanks so much to everyone for the wonderful gifts, and for making Stetson's special day a WONDERFUL one!
Just a few notes about the Stet-man:1-he's still not potty trained (not because I haven't tried)
2-he loves to play ball, but football is definately the favorite
3-he loves animals, and loves to ride horses, especially his horse Mater
4-he can count to 5, then he skips 6 and goes all the way to 13
5-he is a very good big brother, he knows how to make Lucy stop crying, and is really good at making her laugh
6-he is very polite, he almost always remembers to say please and thank you
7-he loves trains, and he loves to be read to
8-you can get him to do almost anything for a popcicle
9-he loves his cousins, especially Trace and J.D.
10-I think he might be addicted to chocolate milk
We love you Stetson, and hope you enjoy every minute of being 3 years old!!!



1 comments:
I can't believe he's 3 already! Way to go with the cake, Amber. It's really cute. Glad y'all had such a good birthday with Stetson.
Post a Comment