Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lucy is 6 months old!

Lucy Mae is happy and healthy at 6 months old . . . has it really been that long? She loves to eat and is super chubby, you should see her thighs! My favorite though, is those cute chubby cheeks, I think they get a million kisses every day!Lucy is usually happy and content unless she is hungry, stinky, or hurting. She loves to be held and talked to, and will usually reward you with a beautiful smile.It's all about the bottle these days, I wanted to nurse at least six months and that is all I got, but am grateful I was able to do that. Lucy has also started eating cereal and baby food, and so far will eat anything I feed her (so much different than Stetson!). Check her out, she can even hold her own bottle!If Lucy is tired, you just wrap her up tight and rock her or put her in the bouncer with the vibrater on, and she will usually go right to sleep. And this is how she usually wakes up, cute little eye balls peering out from the blanket.And she is mobile! Lucy loves to be in the walker because she is up and can see what is going on. She can barely reach the floor, but has figured out how to move the walker backwards.
She loves to play with toys, but this day, she was just too tired!And Lucy's latest trick is sitting up by herself.I think it makes her feel big.But she is still not super stable. She was sitting up chewing on Stetson's frisbee, and she fell over. The frisbee caught her nose and ripped off some of the skin. Stetson came in, "mom, Lucy has a bloody nose." Luckily it was just a scrape, and she doesn't seem to mind, but she does look kind of rough. I thought you weren't supposed to get battle wounds until you were learning to walk, but I guess sitting up can be just as dangerous!


1 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

She is so cute! I love her big beautiful eyes and cute chubby cheeks.

Her poor nose!