This year for Thanksgiving we had ALL of Kenny's family together! That is pretty good considering that there are seven kids in his family and they are all married and have kids of their own. There were about 39 people in all, and his parents fit ALL of us in their living room. We had delicious food, and lots of good company. It was great to stop and think of ALL the wonderful things we have to be thankful for.
And Lucy got to see her cousin Levi. Okay, they weren't super excited to see each other, but it was fun to get them together. Levi is just one month younger than Lucy, and they are about the same size. Little Levi and his family had the furthest to travel, and we were so glad they were able to come!
And here is a picture of two of my greatest blessings (the other one was asleep).
The day before Thanksgiving we got together and made the cutest place setters ever! These cute little turkeys are completely eatable, and Stetson was WAY more excited to eat THIS turkey than the yummy one baked in the oven.
My contribution to the WONDERFUL feast was a yummy fruit salad that included fresh pineapple. Stetson was pretty impressed with the top of the pineapple, and decided to make a hat out of it - so cute!
We also got together with my family for a yummy Thanksgiving breakfast. Kenny missed out as he was working on Andy and Alicia's new garage with all the other guys - you should see it, it looks great. When the Black family gets together, amazing things happen. Anyway, I didn't get any pictures of my family, but we did have a great breakfast and a great time! Thanks mom and dad! We love you guys!
Always "helping", but at least this time it was constructive!
Always has a smile on his face, even in a tight spot.
I love you Stet-man!
And Lucy got to see her cousin Levi. Okay, they weren't super excited to see each other, but it was fun to get them together. Levi is just one month younger than Lucy, and they are about the same size. Little Levi and his family had the furthest to travel, and we were so glad they were able to come!
And here is a picture of two of my greatest blessings (the other one was asleep).
The day before Thanksgiving we got together and made the cutest place setters ever! These cute little turkeys are completely eatable, and Stetson was WAY more excited to eat THIS turkey than the yummy one baked in the oven.
My contribution to the WONDERFUL feast was a yummy fruit salad that included fresh pineapple. Stetson was pretty impressed with the top of the pineapple, and decided to make a hat out of it - so cute!
We also got together with my family for a yummy Thanksgiving breakfast. Kenny missed out as he was working on Andy and Alicia's new garage with all the other guys - you should see it, it looks great. When the Black family gets together, amazing things happen. Anyway, I didn't get any pictures of my family, but we did have a great breakfast and a great time! Thanks mom and dad! We love you guys!The two days of vacation I had after Thanksgiving I spent trying to potty train my 3-year old. After a lot of accidents, tears, and frustration from both of us I realized that the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" is very, very true! I tried everything I could think of and used all the tricks and advice I had received from other moms, and it just didn't work. I guess he is just SUPER stubborn, and not quite ready. Maybe we will try again over the Christmas holiday:)
I really do love this stubborn little guy, despite the messes, stress and frustration he creates in our house. Stetson can be the sweetest little guy ever. A couple of weeks ago when I was super sick, he just sat by me on the bed and rubbed my forehead, then he held my hand for the longest time - it definately melted my heart. Stetson LOVES to help out, in fact I think that is what he THINKS he is doing when he makes MOST of his messes. He usually gets frustrated when I get mad at him and says, "mom, I'm working!" I love him to pieces!
Here he is with McKady's dog Percy - he loves animals!
Always "helping", but at least this time it was constructive!
Always has a smile on his face, even in a tight spot.
I love you Stet-man!



0 comments:
Post a Comment