Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

When I was younger I got my dad a bumper sticker that said, "Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad", and I think it fits my dad very well.  He has always been an incredible Father, but what makes him so special is that he goes the extra mile to be a wonderful Dad as well.  I am so lucky to have a dad that was always willing to make time for me, whether it was watching my performances, teaching me how to ride a horse, or just talking with me, he has always been someone I can count on no matter what!  Thanks so much Dad!  I love you tons!

"A Father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow."  I have always looked up to my father-in-law, even before I started calling him Dad.  What an amazing man!  He has such a wide range of talents and abilities, and yet he is still so humble!  He is the type of person that makes you feel good about yourself, but at the same time makes you want to work hard to become better.  Thanks so much dad for always having faith in me, and for teaching me more than you will ever know.  I love you so much!

It is so fun to watch my husband taking on his role as a Father to our children.  Even though he is super busy, he always takes the time to give Lucy a hug, listen to Stetson's wild stories, or take full advantage of a teaching moment.  Kenny is such a good teacher, and I hope my kids learn a lot from him!  He is always willing to drop what he is doing to help someone else out, and he doesn't mind taking the kids to work with him when I am in a bind.  I love you Kenny, thanks for all you do!  Our kids are lucky to have you for a Dad!

0 comments: