Monday, August 8, 2011

Together Forever

Yesterday Stetson and I were reading the Friend, and we started talking about the temple.  I was telling him that people go to the temple to get married so that they can be together forever.  I said, "mommy and daddy got married in the temple, and now we can be together forever."  He looked at me with those big green eyes and said, "mom, can you and me go to the temple and get married?"  Yes, I started to cry!  "We already did," I told him.  "Good", he said, and then gave me one of the best hugs ever.  Man, I love that kid!

What a blessing it is to know that we CAN be together forever, especially when tragedy strikes, as it has recently.  My co-worker's son, a young man I went to high school with, was one of the Navy SEALS killed in Afghanistan on Saturday.  My heart goes out to the family and friends of Jason Workman, may you all be comforted during this difficult time!  I would also like to say a heartfelt "THANK YOU" to Jason and ALL of those men and women who have served and are serving so that I can live in peace!  We can't thank you enough!!!  May God bless you and your families!

2 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

Stetson is such a sweet boy!

I feel so bad for the Workman's. I can't even imagine how sad they must be.

Unknown said...

So sweet!