Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Leap of Faith

"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which He commandeth them."  Most of you will recognize this as the scripture mastery: GO AND DO - 1 NEPHI 3:7.  I actually learned this scripture as a small child in Primary, then memorized it as a teenager in Seminary, but it wasn't until I became a working mother of two small children that I actually took this scripture and applied it in MY life, with faith that the Lord will keep His promise.

I have been working at Recapture Metals since January of 2001.  I started out as a temporary, hourly employee just answering phones, and am now the Office Manager, working full time and receiving salary and benefits.  A lot of things have changed in the last 10 1/2 years, including the company changing ownership twice, and the birth of my two beautiful children.  It has always been my goal to be home with my kids, but with the ranch unable to support our family, I didn't have much choice.  I have been lucky enough to have awesome family members who have been willing and able to tend my kids, and I will forever be grateful for that!  Some things have happened and some promptings have been received, and the time has come.  I put in my notice to quit my job on July 29, 2011, I will work until the end of August, through the process of hiring and training a replacement.  I have agreed to continue after that on a consulting basis until 3rd quarter numbers have been finalized, probably about the middle of October.

This decision has been very hard for me because I have loved my job and the people I have worked with. The reason for this decision is actually two-fold; first, I want to be able to spend more time with my kids, they are growing up so fast and I am missing out on a lot!  They need their mom, and I need them.  Second, our ranch has reached a point that we either need to hire someone to keep the books, or I need to be able to spend more time doing it. The ranch is our future, and Kenny needs my help. Right now I am just stretched a little too far, trying to be there for everyone and accomplish everything I need to. I know this will be a hard transition for everyone, but I believe this is what the Lord wants me to do right now, and I know that if I am willing to sacrifice for Him, He will bless me for it.  I have faith that the Lord will take care of me and my family, as we strive to keep His commandments.

This will also give me a chance to go back to doing something I LOVE - teaching CLOGGING.  I am going to start the fall session in September, so if you know anyone who is interested, have them give me a call!

5 comments:

Tiffany P. said...

Good luck Amber:) When I read this it made me smile. Stetson is goign to be sooo happy to have you all day. Good luck with the clogging thing! I'll send people your way.

The Bennett Family said...

amber, i loved hearing this. i know its super hard to live on one salary. there are many times that i have thought about going to work full time so we could have more. in the end i keep coming back to the fact that my kids will only be little once and i feel super strong about being home to raise them, no matter the sacrafice. good luck.

Andy & Alicia said...

I'm so happy for you! You are such a good mom, your kids are so lucky to have you. Good Luck with everything.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Hi! Remember me? haha.
How fun that you get to teach clogging again! I'm trying to get a little group going too. We should collaborate our ideas!

Unknown said...

Good for you, Ma! That is so awesome. What a blessing!