Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice . . .

. . . that's what little girls are made of.

We are so excited to be welcoming another little GIRL into our family in November!

I don't know if it is all the sugar or hormones in girls, but I have proved to be a lot sicker with the girls than I was with Stetson.  That is why I have suspected a girl all along, but it is nice to know for sure.  Now when people ask I can answer in just one word instead of always having to explain that, yes, we do want to find out, but apparently my children are either private or stubborn, because none of them have revealed their sex in the first ultrasound.  This one was so busy praying for rain that she forgot to open up and let us know she was a girl.  The good news is that just a couple weeks after that first ultrasound, we got some pretty good rains, the first all summer!  Way to go girl!  So, she has been forgiven, especially since she was kind enough to give us a very good view in the second ultrasound.

So here is an update on my pregnancy up to this point.  The last time I posted I was still super sick almost all the time.  Luckily after about month 3 I started to feel sick a lot less often, then by month four I had more good days than bad.  I was feeling better, but was still super tired all the time - I'm gonna' chalk this up to getting old!  I've heard a lot of women say they wanted to be done having kids by the time they were 30, and now I know why!  Even with that, the last few months have been pretty good, and I wasn't even showing that much . . . until I hit six months.  I don't know if this chick had a sudden growth spurt or if my stomach muscles that had been holding her in suddenly just gave way, but boy am I showing now!  Good-bye regular clothes, hello maternity clothes.  If I was keeping it a secret before, there's no secrets now!  It seems like everyone that sees me is like, "wow, I didn't know you were pregnant!"  I may not have looked it, but I sure felt it - and now I feel HUGE!  I think it is just because I grew so much in such a short time.  I have had several people ask me why I'm not showing yet, and I would just say it was because the baby was smashing all my organs.  This proved to be true when they found in this last ultrasound that my right kidney is being smashed pretty good.  It has not closed off yet, but is definitely something we will have to keep an eye on. 

26 weeks
Everything checks out, and I am measuring right on, so it appears that all is well.  Besides being tired all the time, I get worn out really easily.  This has made trying to keep up with two active children and being able to accomplish anything in my yard very difficult!  I have already started having some contractions and feeling a downward pressure that makes me feel like everything is going to fall out if I don't lay down.  I am carrying this baby really low, and I believe that is the reason for the pressure and all the pain I have been feeling in my groin area.  Also, I have been super emotional lately!  I hope my family (especially Kenny and the kids) still love me after this is all over!  They have been super patient and understanding though - thanks guys!!!  The other night as I was bawling my eyes out, Kenny said, "these girls must be a lot harder on you."  And I think he is right.  But, we love them anyway!  This baby has been super active too!  I don't remember my other kids moving around this much.  At least there is no question that she is alive and well, but it would be nice if she would take a break every now and then!

When we told Stetson it was a girl, his face fell and he said, "but I wanted a boy baby!"  He cheered up a little when I said, "at least you won't have to share your room, Lucy will."  Lucy is not into this baby thing at all, she wants "no baby".  She gets very jealous when I hold another baby.  About a week ago I was holding my niece Elsie, and Lucy started throwing a fit.  I got mad at her, and then she disappeared.  We found her in the bathroom with the door closed, just crying her eyes out!  Oh no, this is going to be fun!

I'll admit, I am scared to death.  Most days I am lucky to be able to keep up with the two I have, what will life be like with one more?  Do I have what it takes to be a mother of three?  I hope I get a lot of help from above because these children deserve the best, and I can't do it alone!

0 comments: