Friday, October 4, 2013

Teeth

Sometimes, in the midst of teething drama with my children, I have thought, 'why aren't we just born with teeth?'  But then, as I am feeding my infant and they start to bite . . . I am grateful that we aren't.

Anyway, we work so hard to get these teeth - pain, crying, sleepless nights, fevers, sickness, etc.  Just to have them fall out in a few years - what is that?  I have a nine month old baby getting her first two bottom teeth - and my 5-year old is loosing his . . . is it all for naught?  Luckily, the second set comes in easier than the first!

Stetson pulled this tooth out himself - something I have NEVER done!  Way to go!  It was time for it to come out too, the next one was already growing in behind it!
Stetson lost his first tooth!
July 20, 2013

He put it under his pillow, and the tooth fairy came!
$1 dollar in dimes - he was pumped!

Stetson lost his second tooth on our summer trip to Salt Lake.  We took the kids to a super fun place called Kangaroo Zoo, a building full of blow-up houses that the kids can climb on and slide down to their heart's content.  Stetson called me over to watch him go through this one that was kind of like an obstacle course.  As he started through it, he fell - not a big deal on these things - but he didn't get up for a minute.  I almost went in after him, but he finally got up and finished the course, ending with a slide that shot him down right in front of me.  I could tell he was holding something in his hand, and he looked a little concerned.  "Mom, I lost my tooth!" he said, holding out his hand.  Sure enough, there was his tooth.  Two tender mercies at that moment . . . first, the tooth fell right into his hand - if it hadn't it would have surely been lost!  And second . . . it didn't bleed very much - so he didn't get any blood on the bounce houses causing a health threat to everyone else there.  Awesome!!!
Stetson lost his second tooth!
August 6, 3013

His new smile
And more good news: the tooth fairy found us, even in our motel room!  Stetson got a dollar bill for that second tooth!  Now he wants to save up to buy a Pirate Lego DS game . . . 

0 comments: