One of the highlights of owning a ranch is when everyone comes to help with the roundup. This year all of Kenny's family came, except for his brother-in-law James, and his mom and dad who are serving a mission in Benin. Friday night we had a wonderful dinner and then we all camped at the cabin on the Elk Mountain. It is so beautiful up there! It is summers like this one that make winters worth living through. Saturday morning we all had breakfast together and then basically just hung out. Some people went on 4-wheeler and motorcycle rides, but mostly we just enjoyed nature and each other's company. My sister-in-law Suzie took some very cute pictures of Stetson, which I am very excited about! Despite what she thinks, she is an awesome photographer, and Stetson was a pretty good little model. He smiled a lot, and even posed for some of the photos. After church on Sunday we participated in my nephew Taylor's ordination - I can't believe he is already 16! Then we had a wonderful Father's Day dinner with my family. I am so lucky to have the best dads and the best husband in the world! It is so nice to have a day to celebrate the blessing that they are in our lives. We camped on the mountain that night, had a wonderful breakfast Monday morning, and then headed down to the winter range to round up the cows. Suzie was kind enough to tend Stetson so that I could go down and ride. It has actually been over a year since I have been on a horse. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed riding until I went for so long without doing it! The best part was that Kenny worked it out so that the two of us could ride together. We didn't find any cows, so it was just the two of us riding and talking on a beautiful summer day in God's beautiful country. I fell in love all over again! Luckily everyone else found some cows, and we were able to get them across the highway and up to the mountain. We had a great dinner that evening, and more time to visit. I have to say, it was really hard to think about going back to real life! But I really believe that the hard times make us appreciate the good times so much more. Thanks so much to all who helped us out this weekend!





2 comments:
That's so cool. I love days when you can just hang out with loved ones and enjoy their company. Jake got me into golf. A year ago, I wouldn't be caught dead playing it let alone watching it! But, now I really like it. I can't hit from the driving range though because last time I did that, my shoulder came out of the socket, but I love putting! You should put the pictures of Stetson up that your sister-in-law took!
Oh my gosh! I love that picture!
Post a Comment