Sunday, February 1, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission

" I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two. . ." Well, my brother J.J. is still waiting to grow that foot or two, but even though he is short they called him on a mission - to Guatemala! I had the wonderful privledge of traveling to Provo with Jesse, Jens and McKady where we met the rest of my family for "brunch" at Village Inn and then said our final good-byes before leaving Elder J.J. Grover at the MTC. Though this is a bitter/sweet experience, I am so grateful to have been there. He turned to wave at us one last time before walking out the door, and though his eyes were full of tears, his face was full of excitement and determination. At this moment, the spirit touched my soul and I knew without a doubt that J.J. will be taken care of and that the boy we left at the MTC will return from Guatemala in two years a wonderful young man. I know that J.J. will be an awesome missionary! He is a very hard worker, and his integrity has always amazed me. I look up to my younger brothers so much - they are such an inspiration to me! I can't imagine life without the gospel and family. How wonderful it is that my brothers and parents-in-law have the opportunity to share this wonderful truth with our brothers and sisters around the world. May the Lord watch over and bless each one of them. I love you J.J. - best wishes in Guatemala!

1 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

That was such a nice post to J.J.! It's so awesome that you guys were all able to go and send him off. Plus he looks very handsome in that picture.