Sometimes we get so caught up in our fast-paced lives, and the things we want that we don't have, that we forget to really appreciate the little things we DO have. I got a little reminder this past weekend of one of the little things in my life that I take for granted - running water. Friday morning we woke up to the sound of spraying water. Kenny went down to the basement to find a nice little wading pool of about 6 inches of water, and a steady stream of water spraying out of our pressure tank. We all showered very quickly, then turned all the water off. Since there were no pressure tanks to be found in our small town, I took the day off work and we headed to Farmington, NM. It turned out to be a fun day, just Kenny, Stetson and I. We did some other shopping, and found a pressure tank the same size as ours at Home Depot. Kenny spent all day Saturday removing the old tank, putting in the new one, rerouting some old pipe and getting everything hooked back up. I can't even count the number of times I tried to turn the faucet on to wash my hands or get a drink, and it was really a pain to have to drive over to my parents' house to use the bathroom. I couldn't take a shower, I couldn't do dishes, I couldn't do laundry, and so on and so forth. It really made me think how I take this little blessing for granted. How on earth did people do it back in the day? I was so excited when we turned the water back on! Plus, I was so grateful for a husband who was actually home, and had the skills and willingness to fix our problem. Life is so full of LITTLE BLESSINGS! I hope that from now on I will be able to focus more on the little blessings and not the little inconveniences!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Great post! I'm happy that everything is all fixed now and that you guys were able to go to Farmington right when it happened rather than have to wait a few days. Kenny is such a good guy!
Good for you, Ma! I don't know how people used to live back in the day either. It boggles my mind.
Post a Comment