Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Joy

After kind of a rough day at clogging, I went to my sister-in-law, Suzie's house to pick Stetson up. When I asked if he had been good, she said, "Stetson is always good - you are so blessed." I smiled and said, "yeah, I know". But then on the way home it hit me! I really am blessed! Two years ago I didn't think I would ever be able to have children, and now I have Stetson. I know I am probably a little bias, but I think he is the best little boy in the world! He is so cute and fun and sweet and wonderful! I couldn't have asked for a better kid! He really is the joy of my life! Definately a miracle that I pray I will never take for granted!Last week Kenny volunteered me to feed the missionaries. It was a very hard thing for me because I am the world's worst cook, a terrible host, and I can't make conversation with people I don't know to save my life. I was nervous, but it went well. The missionaries were kind and friendly, and I was able to talk to them about the missionaries in my family. One of the missionaries gave Stetson a pass-along card with a picture of Jesus on the front. Stetson immediately recognized him and said, pointing to the card, "Jesus". The missionary, who has only been out a few weeks, was amazed, "he knows Jesus". Yes he does. From the time Stetson was tiny he has loved pictures of Jesus, and as soon as he could talk he would point to them say Jesus. I really believe that Stetson had a special relationship with his older brother Jesus before he came to earth. He is such a special little guy!

On Saturday Stetson and I went to the Middle School to watch my sister McKady play volleyball. We were sitting by several people from Doloras, Colorado. Stetson would walk up to them, look them in the eye, and smile until they made eye contact and smiled back. As you can imagine, he won them over. He played with the kids for quite awhile, and made several new friends. I really admire that because I remember as a kid, I would hide behind my mom and pray that no one would look at me, and especially that no one would try to talk to me! And here is my son, at 16 months old, making friends with perfect strangers. It was a long day, and I think he made it more enjoyable for all of us! What a great kid!
We can no longer keep Stetson in his crib because he can climb up on his changing table. But, I guess he likes it up there, and has fallen asleep up there several times. Isn't he precious?

6 comments:

Hayley said...

wow - what a comfy spot to fall asleep in. Babies grow up way too fast! He is sure cute.

Andy & Alicia said...

He really is the sweetest and definently the cutest little guy ever! We love him so much. He is so funny that he can fall asleep on the changing table, good thing he doesn't toss and turn in his sleep.

Grovers said...

He truly is such a blessing!! Enjoy him!! We love him too!! Like you said, you truly are blessed!

Sarah said...

Amber! That is so Cute!! I am so happy for you! By the way this is Sarah (Stubbs) Walker if you didn't know by just walker.

Unknown said...

so cute! what a great blessing to have such a good child. bethany is very grateful for her 3rd because he actually minds her and helps her! we hope this new little guy, jentz, will be the same way. ha ha ;)

Eaglehavenwest said...

What a great reminder to all of us that we should remember and be thankful for all the miracles in our lives. I enjoy reading your blog. It really brings a lift to my day. Thank you.