Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One year older and wiser too?

Well, I'm not sure about the wiser part, but I am a year older - I guess it happens to all of us. I don't feel any older than I did in High School, except that I have a few more responsibilities now. I remember my Grandmother saying, "I still feel so young, but when I look in the mirror I see an old lady!" I hope I feel the same way when I get old. For me, a birthday is a time for reflection; I have now been on this earth for 27 years - have I done any good? I sure hope so. My life has been touched by so many wonderful people - great friends, teachers, coaches, and the best family in the whole world! What more could a girl ask for? Thanks to all my friends and family, I love you all!

I had a wonderful birthday, as usual. Kenny got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and had them delivered to me at work. My co-workers put together a wonderful - and yummy - navajo taco lunch, complete with homemade ice cream. Okay, the party wasn't just for me, there were two other employees celebrating birthdays this month - Happy Birthday to Curtiss and Betty! We went over to my parents' house where my mom made yummy Chinese food for dinner, and Kenny made frape for dessert. It was a great day, and I am looking forward to my last present - a date with my sweetheart on Saturday to see the BYU folk dancers perform! Yay for Birthdays!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so pretty! I hope you have fun on Saturday!

Jessica said...

When you go see the folk dancers be sure and say hi to Stephanie and Jesse- he's in the band and she's doing sound system stuff. Your flowers are gorgeous!

Sarah said...

That's so fun! So I know a few people on the folk dancing team and they told me how they went a town, close to my home town to perform, called monticello. They are fun to watch! I'm glad you had a good birthday!