Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

On this special day, I just wanted honor the great fathers in my life. Three wonderful men who love and support me each day. How can a person go wrong with examples such as these? You guys are my heros, and I love each of you more than you will ever know! Thanks for everything!

My dad (Grandpa Grover)
My Daddy’s Hands
by Amber
My Daddy’s hands, so gentle and strong
Held me close to his heart when I was afraid.
My hands were so small compared to his –
But with my hand in dad’s, I could never go wrong.

It was daddy’s hands that showed the way,
They led me to great places, then safely back home.
Daddy’s hands were teachers too, you know;
They taught me to work, and they taught me to pray.

One night I was sick, the pain more than I could stand.
Daddy came and gently laid his hands upon my head,
He prayed to God above to help me get well.
I was healed that night, through my daddy’s hands.

Daddy’s hands let me know when I had done wrong.
But through scolding and praise, I was always assured
That he loved me and wanted to see me succeed.
So with a pat on the back daddy’s hands pushed me on.

I watch in awe as my daddy’s hands
Control big machines and drive a school bus.
His hands can fix anything; trust me, I know!
They can even play ball and clap loud in the stands.

As I grew daddy’s hands didn’t seem so big,
But the gentle strength hasn’t shrunk at all.
Worn from hard work and marked with scars,
My daddy’s hands have seen it all!

Daddy’s hands squeeze me tight in a big bear hug,
Then with tears in his eyes, he gives my hand away.
He trusts that this man will have hands like his,
To guide our children as my daddy’s hands did.

Even though I am grown, I will always need
My daddy’s hands, so gentle and strong.
I love you dad! Thanks so much -
For your hands, your example, and most of all your love.

Kenny's dad (Grandpa Black)A Dad is a person
who is loving and kind,
And often he knows
what you have on your mind.
He's someone who listens,
suggests, and defends.
A dad can be one
of your very best friends!

He's proud of your triumphs,
but when things go wrong,
A dad can be patient
and helpful and strong
In all that you do,
a dad's love plays a part.
There's always a place for him
deep in your heart.

And each year that passes,
you're even more glad,
More grateful and proud
just to call him your dad!

Thank you, Dad...
for listening and caring,
for giving and sharing,
but, especially, for just being you!

My dear husband (Daddy)

You mean so very much to me,

And I want you to know

That you are always in my heart,

No matter where I go.

You're always giving, always there

To help in any way;

The loving things you've done for me,

I never could repay.

I can't imagine what I'd do
Without the love you give.
I'll treasure your sweet heart of gold
As long as I shall live.

ANYONE CAN BE A FATHER, BUT IT TAKES SOMEONE SPECIAL TO BE A DADDY!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL FATHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber, that was so sweet! I got all teary-eyed! Thank goodness for daddys. :)

Andy & Alicia said...

Wow Amber, those poems were awesome! That picture of Kenny and Stetson is so cute.