Saturday, June 27, 2009

More Roundup Pics

My sister-in-law, Alicia, took a bunch of great pictures during the roundup, and was kind enough to give them to me. They were sooo cute, I just HAD to post a few. So, the first night we were on the mountain, we were cooking dinner and all of a sudden there was great excitement amongst the troops. Everyone went running for their cameras, and I finally figured out that they had spotted a bear - not too far from our cabin. It took me at least three minutes to find it, even though everyone was pointing it out. My excuse: I was looking for a dark brown or black bear, but this one was very blonde, and didn't seem to be scared at all. Neither was Stetson, in fact I think he would have walked right up and hugged it if we would have let him! I love this pic of Kenny and Andy - a couple VERY happy cowboys headed out to round up the cattle.
We have several deer that hang out around the cabin, and some of them get very close. It looks like Alicia caught these two in a stare down!
Crossing the highway (Aaron Black on the horse)Just me and Stetson on our horse, Cinnamon
THE BOSS aka Kenny Black There's the cowboys, bringing in the cowsAndy Black, roping the calvesYou would think by looking at this picture that we were short on horses, but I think these guys just wanted to show how strong they were. Four guys to one little calf, no wonder the guys won, lol!It's all about teamwork!
Steve Bennett, cutting; Josh Nielson, holding the calf; James Sherwood, branding; Nyle Bennett, holding the headThe Studs: Jade Grover and Taylor FrancomWe had a real live rodeo going on!Proof that I DID help!Stetson playing in the chuteStetson and Brielle - that is one dirty boy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like a lot of work, and a lot of fun! I especially like the picture of my Pa! I'm so proud! :)

Andy & Alicia said...

It was so much fun! I can't wait for next year!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Cool! What amazing pictures.

Did you end up going to the BYU Clog Camp this year? We were in Florida, so I missed it, but maybe again next year or the next. I've been doing lots of clogging around here lately. Glad you're having a good summer!