Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday. . .

Dodger M Black!!!
Born to Andy and Alicia on July 1, 2009
Weighing 7 lbs 6 oz, and 20 1/2 inches long
Congratulations!
Stetson is so cute with Dodger. He likes to hold him and look at him, and whenever he touches him or talks about him he is very soft and gentle - very unlike him!


Happy Birthday America!!!
I LOVE the 4th of July, even though it is always so crazy! This year, the girls in my family got together and painted our toe nails and finger nails red, white and blue. It was a lot of fun, even if the polish chipped off my finger nails after one shower - oh well!
The drill team built two floats this year, one for Recapture Metals, and one for the San Juan pharmacy. They both turned out very cute.
The girls marched in the parade, and stopped periodically to dance. I got to ride the four-wheeler with the speakers strapped to it to play their music for them. It actually worked out really good, and the girls did great - go Royals!
Stetson watched the parade with Kenny, but lost interest about halfway through and this is how he enjoyed the rest of the parade. The highlight for me was performing in the variety show, along with the other cloggers I have been teaching this summer. I didn't get any photos because Kenny and Stetson were home sleeping, but it was tons of fun!

After Stetson's nap he got this super cool tattoo on his cheek (which wouldn't wash off for about three days - yup, he wore it to church!)
We had a picnic at the park with my family, and then had a front row seat for the fireworks. They were incredible! Stetson was not the least bit impressed, in fact he hid his head under the blanket and whimpered the whole time! He really hates loud noises or yelling, so I can understand why he was scared - maybe next year he will enjoy it more.

I am proud to be an American, and I am so grateful for the freedoms and opportunities that I enjoy in this country. Special thanks to all those who have sacrificed to make this country great! May the Lord continue to bless us in this promised land.

0 comments: