One thing I love about summer is the opportunity to spend time with family and renew old aquaintances. Last weekend was the Grover family reunion; special thanks to Darin and Kristy for hosting it at Uncle Arvid's cabin. There weren't very many people there, but I think those that made it had a great time! We had great food, fun activities, and good company.
Grandpa Grover and his grandsons
Grandpa Grover and his grandsonsSteton, Zachary, Ian, Justin, (J.D. was asleep)
We borrowed a tent from Andy and Alicia, and spent the night on Kenny's parent's property up by the pavilion. It was a lot of fun, and I felt like we were "really" camping (usually we stay in the cabin or camp trailer).
Dad and Stetson by the old merry-go-round
Mom and Stetson on the old picnic table
Dad and Stetson by the old merry-go-round
Mom and Stetson on the old picnic tableThe kids had a blast playing on all the "toys" and getting super dirty.
Stetson's favorite activity was going down the slide with his cousin J.D. I think he "crashed" at least 10 times that day, but a hug and a kiss from mom was all he needed, and then he was off again. 
Saturday night we had a talent show, and I was grateful that McKady was feeling well enough that we were able to perform a clogging number together.
After watching us dance, Stetson and J.D. hopped up on stage and wanted to perform too. So, we turned on some music, and they really busted out the moves - a little bit of clogging mixed with marching, and even some hip hop.
They weren't the least bit intimidated, and seemed to love the attention; it was hilarious! I was so sad I didn't have my video camera, but luckily Kenny had the still camera, and was able to get a few pictures even though it was pretty dark.
McKady has been tending Stetson this summer for 8 hours every day while I am working, and Stetson LOVES her. He missed the family so much when they were gone for a week, and they were all greeted with hugs and kisses when they returned. McKady is recovering from her seizure, and adjusting to the medication. She was able to attend the reunion, and have fun with her cousins. We feel so blessed that she is still alive!
A few days later we had the opportunity to spend some time with Kenny's family. Tony and Kerry and their kids were here on their way home from California, and we all went to Dry Wash for a cookout and some canoeing. Andy and Alicia were even there with little Dodger, I think this was his first cookout, and he was super good the whole time!
Stetson LOVES watermelon, but what kid doesn't?

Stetson's favorite activity was going down the slide with his cousin J.D. I think he "crashed" at least 10 times that day, but a hug and a kiss from mom was all he needed, and then he was off again. 
Saturday night we had a talent show, and I was grateful that McKady was feeling well enough that we were able to perform a clogging number together.
After watching us dance, Stetson and J.D. hopped up on stage and wanted to perform too. So, we turned on some music, and they really busted out the moves - a little bit of clogging mixed with marching, and even some hip hop.
They weren't the least bit intimidated, and seemed to love the attention; it was hilarious! I was so sad I didn't have my video camera, but luckily Kenny had the still camera, and was able to get a few pictures even though it was pretty dark.
McKady has been tending Stetson this summer for 8 hours every day while I am working, and Stetson LOVES her. He missed the family so much when they were gone for a week, and they were all greeted with hugs and kisses when they returned. McKady is recovering from her seizure, and adjusting to the medication. She was able to attend the reunion, and have fun with her cousins. We feel so blessed that she is still alive!
A few days later we had the opportunity to spend some time with Kenny's family. Tony and Kerry and their kids were here on their way home from California, and we all went to Dry Wash for a cookout and some canoeing. Andy and Alicia were even there with little Dodger, I think this was his first cookout, and he was super good the whole time!
Stetson LOVES watermelon, but what kid doesn't? He really enjoyed eating with his cousins Logan and Rachel
Stetson playing in the dirt with cousins Jessica and Megan
Stetson playing in the dirt with cousins Jessica and MeganIsn't family wonderful?




0 comments:
Post a Comment