Sunday, July 12, 2009

More Birthdays, and Summer Fun!

Twelve years ago I witnessed the birth of my baby sister, what a miracle! Now she has grown into a beautiful, talented young woman. Happy Birthday McKady!

To celebrate McKady's birthday, my parents rented the pool, and we had a 'surprise' birthday party with all her family and friends. Stetson was a little unsure about the 'great big' pool at first, but he got used to it, and had a great time!

Well, you can see where Stetson gets his good looks! The older Stetson gets, the more he looks like his daddy - which is fine with me!

Playing basketball - Kenny and Stetson against Darin and Ian

Kenny and Steston won the prize for the most floaties - hey, at least I didn't have to worry about them sinking!

I was six years old when Jordan was born, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Kind of a bitter/sweet experience, as I was no longer the baby in the family but was so excited to be a big sister. My mom was very good about letting my sister and I help take care of him, and one of my fond memories was getting peed on while giving him a bath - I will never let him live that down!Elder Grover is currently serving in the Oklahoma, Tulsa mission in Centerton, Arkansas. He will turn 21 tomorrow, July 13, and we are looking forward to his return home on August 15th. After his mission he plans to attend BYU, and would like to go into the medical profession. He is an awesome person, and has been such a great example to me. Happy Birthday little bro! I love you tons!Fireworks at Grandma's house. What is better than playing with a burning stick, and having it be okay? Stetson looked at me like I was insane when I handed him this sparkler - we are always telling him to stay away from fire, and definately not to play with sticks that are on fire, so it was a little confusing. He was a little nervous at first, but soon got into the spirit of it, and waved it all around. It was all good until he touched the end of one after the fire had gone out and burned his finger - he wouldn't touch another one after that (at least he is a fast learner!).
We actually got some cherries off our cherry tree this year - yay! Stetson helped me pick them, and then proudly carried the bucket into the house. . .
. . .and then he tripped! But don't worry, he is a very big helper, and helped me pick up all the cherries and put them back in the bucket. Thanks Stetson!
Friday night pizza and a movie.
We have kind of made this our family tradition - to eat pizza in the front room, pop popcorn, and watch a movie together on Friday nights. It is something I look forward to all week!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to McKady and Jordan! How exciting! Fun photos!