Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Wow, is it really 2011? I remember when the year 2000 seemed far away, and now it is eleven years later - where has the time gone? I have to admit, 2010 was a pretty good year for me. I got a new addition on my house, and a new addition to my family - what more could a girl ask for? I'm not planning on any new additions in 2011, but you never know. I have set a few goals for myself, and hope to be a little better each day than I was the day before. I have so much to be grateful for, but most especially my family - all of them. You guys are the BEST! Thanks for always being there for me!

Well, we didn't get a white Christmas, but we did get a white New Year's. So on the last day of the year, the kids and I played in the snow. Stetson tried out his new snow shovel. . .. . . and there's my little snow bunnyStetson was trying to make a snow angel,so I made one to show him how - pretty good, huh?This year we celebrated the new year with my family. We ate yummy Chinese food - I even ate with chop sticks - and then played a super long game of BUNKO. I didn't win any prizes, but I did get three bunkos, a record for me! Then, to keep us all awake we played the dance game on my parents' new Wii. The winner of each round stayed in to compete against someone else. I am happy to report that I was the champion! I'm not happy to report, however, how out of shape I am! I was completely worn out after all that dancing, I guess I need to do it more often, I spend too much time sitting at a desk these days.


Well, that got us to midnight, and poor Stetson was fast asleep; he didn't even flinch when we all popped our confetti bombs and yelled and screamed. But Lucy, on the other hand was still going strong. She was wide awake and happy as can be to ring in her very first new year. What a woman, I think I was about 12 years old before I was awake to ring in the new year.The next morning we went over to Kenny's parents' house for a yummy New Year's Day breakfast. It was fun to see everyone and visit, even if we did have to leave for awhile to clean the bathrooms at the church. Later that day I took down the Christmas tree and decorations while Kenny and his dad worked on the tile in my bathroom - yay!!!

Best wishes to EVERYONE in 2011!

1 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

I think that just may be the cutest snow bunny I've ever seen!

Happy 2011!