Friday, January 28, 2011

My wedding ring

So Kenny and I celebrated out 10th anniversary in November, and almost exactly a week later my wedding ring came up missing. Was this some kind of sign? Probably not. I had been thinking for the last couple months that I needed to take it in to get it resized because it was getting pretty loose. I should have stopped wearing it, but I didn't. I didn't tell Kenny that it was missing for a couple days because I was sure it would turn up somewhere. So after two days of secretly searching, I told him. I was half hoping he would smile and say, "Christmas is coming" (meaning he was getting it resized for me as a Christmas gift), but he didn't. We both searched everywhere we could think of, but no ring. I felt awful! Not so much because it was worth a lot of money, but because it was my wedding ring! I almost felt naked without it - what if people thought I wasn't wearing it on purpose, like we were having problems or something? I started looking at the cheap designer rings, just so that I would have SOMETHING to wear, but Kenny got all offended. I guess if I was wearing a cheap ring on my wedding ring finger it would make him look cheap, but I figured it was better than not wearing one, right?

Well, I held out, still hoping that my ring would turn up. Finally, when we were in Richfield for Region Drill and I found a designer ring at Wal-mart that I liked for $8, so I got it. And then, just two days later, at 5:00 in the morning, I was getting ready for the day and opened a little drawer if my jewlery box to get out a hair tie, and there it was!!! I was so happy and excited, I wanted to scream and yell, but since my family was all asleep I just celebrated quietly.

Now I am going to get my ring resized, then wear it with pride as I recommit myself to be a better wife.

2 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

YAY!!!!! That is the best news I've heard all week.

Unknown said...

That would be so scary! I'm so glad you found it!