Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Birthday

As you get older, your birthday becomes 'just another day', and is sometimes dreaded as we are reminded that we are yet another year older. But this year, everyone went out of their way to make me feel special, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! Kenny took me on a trip for my birthday, just me and him (thanks so much to Suzie and Steve for tending our kids!). We spent almost a full day watching a ballroom dance competition, which I know is not his favorite activity, but I loved it! Thanks so much to Jordan for giving me a reason to go, and for doing so awesome! Kenny's parents took us out to lunch at the Olive Garden, which I LOVE! Thanks guys! And then I pampered myself and got my hair done at a salon. I have been wanting something different for awhile, and decided on highlights and layers. It turned out great, and I am excited for the change. We slept in late, I took a whirl pool bath, and we did some relaxed shopping and ate some great food. All in all it was an awesome trip - thanks Kenny! Suzie and Jeanna got the drill team moms together and they made a yummy dinner for me on my birthday so I didn't have to cook! Okay, so the dinner wasn't for me, but it was on my birthay, and it was good, AND I didn't have to cook! Plus, they all sang to me and gave me some nice gifts! Thanks so much Suzie and Jeanna, and all the drill team members and parents - it was a great party!!! My family usually gets together for dinner to celebrate each person's birthday. Mine was a little delayed, but we got together last night for dinner and family home evening. My dad grilled some yummy steaks and my mom and Candice made some other yummy food to go with it. How lucky am I to get steak for my birthday? Anyway, after dinner they said they had a surprise for me, and it was a home video of my 10th birthday! It was hilarious!!! Holy cow, I was a funny kid; I had made each member of my family a gift for my birthday - who just does that? It made me feel so good when my parents said, "yup, that is our awesome Amber." Thanks so much mom and dad, that was an awesome ending to an awesome birthday celebration!

1 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

Happy Late Birthday! It sound like you had so much fun. And your hair does look SO cute.

Stetson is hilarious, I jsut about died when I was reading that post. funny kid!