In the spring of 1996 I was chosen to be a member of the San Juan High School Royals Dance team. At the time I didn't realize how many years I would actually be a part of this team, but looking back, it was definately a turning point in my life. I was a member of the team for four years, and on the coaching staff for seven and a half. What an amazing program! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be a part of it. I have had the opportunity to rub shoulders with some truely amazing women and girls. We have laughed together, we have cried together, helped each other through the hard times, and cheered each other on through the good times. I will treasure each friendship and memory FOREVER! Thanks so much to ALL my Royal sisters through the years, you will always be a part of my family!
It is with bitter/sweet emotions that I step down as a coach of the San Juan Royals, but I really believe that the program needs some new blood, and my kids need to see more of their mom. This last year has been a tough one, not only for the team, but also for me personnally. I have two small children now, and have been working full-time, as well as coaching. I have an amazing husband and family that has been so supportive and helped out a ton with my kids, but it has still been hard on all of us.
I think this is the best decision for everyone, and the future of the Royals looks bright with Kate Palmer as the new head coach, and how can anyone go wrong with the incredible Jeanna Grover showing her the ropes? My kids are only little once, and my focus is on them for now. When they get older, I will definately look into coaching again.
Thanks so much to all the parents who have been so supportive, and to all the girls who have worked so hard. A very special thank you to Lori and Jeanna for all that they have taught me through the years. They are truely AMAZING women! If I can become half the women they are, I will consider my life a success. Thanks so much for your friendship and example - I love you guys TONS!!!

AMBER AND JEANNA
SAN JUAN ROYALS COACHES FOR 6 YEARS
Here are a few pictures from my years of coaching:
DANCING IN THE RAIN
CAMP 2006

MATCHING BEANIES
CHRISTMAS 2006

BASKETBALL 2007

DEAL OR NO DEAL
2007 - 2008

ZOMBIES
HALLOWEEN 2008

LOOKIN' SHARP
2008-2009

STETSON AND HIS GIRLS
BASKETBALL 2009

KUNG FU PANDA BREAKFAST
STATE 2009

MILITARY 2010

DANCE 2010

NEW YORK, NEW YORK
REGION 2011

SAN JUAN ROYALS
2010-2011
2 comments:
I bet that this was such a hard decision for you. But like you said you may end up coaching again later on in life. You guys were such fun coaches. I learned so much from you.
You will be so missed by girls who won't even know it!!!
Post a Comment