Monday, March 28, 2011

Where did he learn that???

Stetson's latest trick is throwing a fit every time we go to leave somewhere. He kicks and screams until I put him in the car, and then he sits quietly. I am used to this, but Kenny isn't. A couple weeks ago when Lucy was very sick, we were leaving my parents' house and I was carrying Lucy because she was so miserable, this left Kenny to fight Stetson all the way out the door. As usual, he calmed right down when we got in the car, but after a few minutes he said, "mom, I don't like daddy, I don't want him in my life." I just about died! Where would a 3 year old learn to say something like that - does he even know what it means? When we got home I talked to him about it, and assured him that even though he was angry with his daddy right now, he still loved him and wanted him in his life. I asked him to go and apologize to Kenny. He left and came back a few minutes later. When I asked him if he had told his daddy he was sorry, he just said, "yup". Later Kenny told me that he came up and said, "I'm sorry daddy, but I don't want you in my life." Wow, what a nice apology! Yesterday the kids and I went with Kenny to help out with the chores. Lucy and I stayed in the pickup and drove, while Stetson and Kenny distributed the hay. When they got back in the truck, Stetson said, "mom, dad is so cool! He does cool work!" That made Kenny feel pretty good, and convinced me that Stetson really does want his dad in his life. Crazy kid!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Miriam can be quite a stinker to Eric also. Refusing to give hugs and so forth only wanting mommy. I don't know about this age. We're getting into meltdowns that the food is "broken".