Holy Cow, my baby is 11 months old! One more month and she will be a year - where does the time go? Lucy is growing so fast, I can't seem to keep her in clothes that fit. It seems like I buy her some new clothes, and two weeks later they are too tight! I think the reason for this is that she LOVES to eat! Lucy will eat just about anything, even though she has no teeth - she just gums stuff to death. However, yesterday she started doing something funny with her tounge and I thought she had something in her mouth, so I stuck my finger in there and started feeling around. To my surprise, what her little tounge had been playing with was a new little TOOTH, just barely broke through the gum! Yay, she does have teeth in there somewhere! I was beginning to think we might have to invest in some denchers or something. I guess that explains the runny nose she has had for the last week. The nice thing is that her gums never got swollen, a couple of Stetson's were big blood blisters before they finally broke through (I guess this is only the first and we have a long way to go, I better not start counting my chickens before they hatch!). So, Lucy will probably have one tooth when she turns one, hopefully she has a few more than two when she turns two!
|
| I know you can't see the tooth, but that is a cool tongue trick! |
Lucy LOVES to walk, she would hold on to your fingers and have you walk her around all day, if you would let her! She is getting a lot more stable, so I don't think it will be too long before she is walking on her own. Trust me, my back will be grateful for that day!
Lucy likes to talk, and just babbles on and on. She looks at me like I should understand everything she is saying, but I don't. The only thing that sounds like a real word is "uh-oh". The best thing is her little chuckle, which she does quite often. When you hear it, you can't help but laugh because it is so cute! She likes to have me sing to her, and tries to sing along. Both her and Stetson love music, and start to dance whenever I turn it on. Lucy's signature dance step: stomping her right foot - so cute!
 |
| Check out this girl's pointe! That's my dancing girl! |
Lucy is almost always happy, unless she is hungry, stinky or doesn't feel well. She likes almost everyone, but the current favorite seems to be Aunt Suzie. The other day after work, she cried and reached for Suzie when I tried to take her. That made ME want to cry! Those are the moments that I HATE that I have to work - I should be home with my kids!!! Maybe someday . . . keep your fingers crossed!
Lucy usually sleeps through the night, unless she wakes up hungry. She has just enough hair on top that I was able to put it in a little ponytail for church, it actually stayed in for quite awhile! She HATES to be thrown in the air; I think Kenny does it just to get the super tight, 5 min hug she gives him after because she is so scared!

For being such a mild, happy baby, Lucy has a temper that is almost startling. If you do something that makes her mad she will scream really loud and sometimes arch her back, throwing herself backwards. It usually passes as quickly as it comes, and then she is fine. I hear that she gets this from her mom . . . I'll plead the 5th on that one!
Lucy's biggest accomplishment in the last month is learning to climb the stairs. At first she would just climb one or two, and then just sit there until someone came and rescued her. Then one day I found her on the fourth stair; when she saw me she giggled and went on to the fifth, then she stopped and clapped like she was so proud of herself. I just stood back, a few steps behind her, and she climbed all the way to the top! How could I not cheer her on in this great accomplishment, and yet - I don't want her to be able to climb stairs - scary! Oh well, we celebrated anyway. Way to go Miss Lucy!
1 comments:
Yay, she DOES have teeth!
She's such a pretty girl. I absolutely lover her little chuckle, and so does Andy. I think he misses hearing it at work.
Post a Comment