On Saturday, March 26 we took the kids to the Rec Center in Cortez.
I was grateful for Stetson's floatie, because Lucy was a full-time job! Notice how I don't have any pictures of her in the water? This girl is fearless, and she LOVES the water. She would put her face over the little fountains, go down the little slide, and try to crawl in the water. She loved the lazy river, didn't care if she got splashed or got water in her face, and she never got cold!
Stetson had a blast! He loves his cousin J.D. and follows him around EVERYWHERE! I think the two of them went down the slide a million times in the three hours we were there. The only problem was keeping them in kid pool, and then keeping them OUT of the pool during the 10 minute time outs.

I love taking picture of my kids before church because they look so cute - for a minute! Just havin' some lunch before 1:00 church.
Yes, Stetson LOVES to sit on the counter. Usually he sits up there when he's "helping" me cook, or when he "needs" something out of one of the cupboards. But on this day, he was just chillin' up there eating his lunch.
And the beautiful Lucy Mae, happy as usual. She had just crawled in for a snack, and thought it was pretty funny that her brother was sitting on the counter.
On Conference Weekend, between sessions, Kenny had the great idea to have a little cookout down at the field. He has fond memories of many cookouts down there when he was a kid, and wanted to pass the tradition on. It was a little windy, but once we got down between the rocks, it wasn't too bad. Stetson helped his dad find the PERFECT roasting sticks, and this was his (the longsest one, of course).

Lucy just LOVES to be outside. She doesn't mind the wind, or being cold, or getting dirty. I guess that is good because she is going to have to be a tough little cowgirl if she's gonna make it in this family! She really wanted to get down and play, but it's hard when they are crawling (that will be one nice thing about her learning to walk).
There were some ropes hanging from the tree above us, and Stetson had a great time swinging on them. He wasn't scared, he would just climb back up the rock and swing out, over and over again. I got a little nervous watching him, but I guess that is a mom's job, right?

Then we broke out the marshmallows, and Lucy didn't want to be left out! I started breaking off little pieces and feeding them to her, but I guess I just wasn't fast enough because she grabbed the whole thing and stuffed it in her mouth. At that point, I just let her have it, keeping close watch that she didn't choke, of course. She ate the whole thing! Yum!!
Kenny and Stetson, roasting marshmallows on our cute little fire. These are the moments I live for!














1 comments:
That looks like so much fun! We keep saying we need to take Dodger over to the rec center. Lucy is a regular fish, just like Stetson.
What a fun idea to have a little cookout during conference.
Post a Comment