Saturday, May 12, 2012

An Awesome April

The kids and I were over at my parents house and Kenny drove by, hauling some hay from the Nielson field north of town to our field south of town.  He called ahead to let me know there might be a fun picture opportunity, so we got ready.  And there they go: Kenny, the hay, and the dogs - so funny!
Jasper is on top of the hay and Spot and Boda are down on the truck bed
 It must be branding time, 'cuz we got a big box full of supplies from the UPS man.  Stetson gets so excited about packages, and this one was extra special because it had something in it for the kids . . . packing peanuts!  I know, what a mess!  But these weren't super static-filled, so they weren't too bad.  I left this box out for a few days, and the kids had a blast!  They spent hours playing with the peanuts . . . who needs toys?
Stetson is all packed up and ready to go!
 One of the nights that Kenny was gone on the truck, the kids and I wanted to do something fun.  I had been washing bedding, and had just pulled our big fleece out of the dryer and it was nice and warm.  The kids both wanted to sleep with it, so I suggested a sleep over . . . in the living room . . . all three of us!  We brought out pillows and more fleece blankets, and Stetson even brought up his beanbag chair.  We ate snacks and drank chocolate milk while we all watched Tinkerbell.  The kids fell asleep during the movie and I let them sleep there all night.  It was a long night for mom, but the kids had a blast!
The Black family sleep over
 We were so excited when Aunt Suzie invited us to go to Cottonwood with their family, Aunt Jody and her kids, and Aunt Alicia and her kids.  It was a beautiful, warm day, and we all had tons of fun!  The famous slide in Cottonwood was already occupied, so we kept driving and found a nice little spot just past the first crossing.  Right off, the kids decided they wanted a "pool" to swim in, instead of just wading in the creek.  So they went to work building this dam . . . ingenious!
Enjoying the pool created by the dam

Kade and Stetson
 Lucy fell asleep in the car on the way there, and slept forever!  I was just about to wake her up so that she wouldn't miss out on ALL of the fun, but she woke up on her own.  She didn't waste any time getting in the water, and enjoyed playing with this cup for quite awhile.
Miss Lucy Mae
 And then she found the pool.  The water went up to her chest, and it wasn't super warm, but she didn't care, she got all the way in!  I was reaching for my camera to take a picture when she went under!  Needless to say, we didn't get a picture, but she was okay, and came up with a smile.  I thought that would scare her and she would want to get out - no way!  She stayed in for quite awhile.
Lucy was hungry after her little "swim"
 What is more exciting than a new baby horse!  Kenny got to watch this little filly being born, and was even able to help mamma Chaquita out a little.  This is the first of our colts to be born this year.  All of our mares were bred to our stud, Frosty.

0 comments: