Friday, May 25, 2012

Is that what I think it is?

Yup, that is definitely a baby bump . . .
We are working on baby #3! 
Amber at 12 weeks
So, I wanted to keep this one a secret for awhile, but got tired of making up excuses for being sick all the time, so we made the announcement.  The due date is November 25, the day after our anniversary.

For me, each pregnancy has been a little worse than the last for "morning sickness", and this one has definitely been the worst! I have been really tired all the time, and get dizzy easily.  I can't seem to find the energy or motivation to do anything.  The nausea sets in each evening around 5, so making dinner is a chore.  I tried the PSI bracelets, and they help a lot with the nausea, but somehow I have got to find a way to get more energy!  My doctor's response to me being sicker this time was, "maybe it's twins".  I immediately got nervous, I don't know if I could handle that!  He did an ultrasound on this super cool little hand-held machine, and confirmed that there was only one heartbeat, and only one baby, so that was a relief.  I am now officially in the 2nd trimester, so I am hopeful that things will start to improve.  Mostly I feel bad for my kids, I just haven't been a very good mom lately.

I have started to improve a little in the last week, so that is encouraging.  I have been trying to walk every day, and I think that helps me mentally as well as physically.  I just get so discouraged when I don't feel well enough to do anything, I almost feel trapped.  I have been trying to eat as much and as often as I can, but it has been hard, and I have lost weight.

All of that aside, though we are a little nervous, we are very excited to welcome a new little person into our family.  Stetson is old enough now that he understands more what is going on.  When I told him that I saw a picture of the baby when I went to the doctor, he got all excited and said, "can I see it?".  He is also a very good little helper around the house and with Lucy.

More pregnancy updates to come. . .

3 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats Amber and Kenny! That is so exciting. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Jessica said...

Its been the opposite for me, each pregnacy has gotten better, less sick. I'm so glad my worst was the first when I didn't have to worry about other kids. With Miriam I received the best piece of advice feed yourself like you would da newborn ie about every 2 hours. Also ginger is a wonderful thing for nausia. Congrats!

stacy said...

Congrats to you guys! That's so exciting :) I hope you start feeling better. And fyi there is definitely no "bump" in the picture you posted!