Monday, April 15, 2013

Count your many blessings . . .

Well, I didn't take very many pictures on Thanksgiving, so I decided to post a few of my many blessings.
I am so grateful for family - my family, Kenny's family, and our own little family.  Everyone is so awesome and is always right there to help when we need them!  I love you all!  I am so blessed!!!

We ate Thanksgiving Dinner with Kenny's family this year, and of course it was delicious.  The best part was that I felt good and actually wanted to eat!!!  When I found out Lydia was due right after Thanksgiving I said, I just hope she comes before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy a nice big meal!  And she did . . . thanks Lydia!
Lydia's first Thanksgiving with
cousin Macy, Aunt Jody, cousin Tanya
I must have been doing something right when I found this guy and convinced him to marry me!  I couldn't ask for a better husband and father.  It is such a comfort to know that he is always there for me with his great big smile, even when I don't deserve it, and that our kids have an amazing dad to look up to.  

I was feeding Lydia, and Lucy was jealous. After a fit, she snuggled up with her daddy, and this is what I found . . . it melted my heart!!!
Kenny and Lucy, sound asleep
 I'll be the first to admit that bringing Lydia home was a little hard on Lucy.  She loved the baby and she still loved her mom, but it was definitely an adjustment moving out of the "baby" slot and into the "middle child" slot.  Lucy loves to hold "her" baby, smother her with kisses, and give her big bear hugs like only Lucy can give.  She is a little rough, but I don't want to discourage her from loving on her sister.  Plus, Lydia is pretty tough.  One day I had left Lydia asleep in her bed and went in to do my hair.  When I went to check on Lydia, she wasn't in her bed anymore.  I went into the family room and found Lucy carrying her to the couch.  Without thinking I said, "Lucy, put her down."  Immediately Lucy obeyed, dropping Lydia on the carpet! Good thing Lucy isn't very tall!
My precious daughters


What a beauty
 I was worried about Lucy having to make an adjustment with a new baby, but didn't think about how it might affect Stetson.  He loved the baby and was so good with her, and so much help to me, but I started to notice that he was a little more tender, more prone to tears and disobedience.  I think he just needs a little more love and attention . . . I guess we all have to live and learn.
My Stet-man, just chillin'
 Taking turns is just hard.  It was Lucy's turn to hold Lydia and Stetson started to cry, I told him that if he didn't stop I would take a picture of him, and here it is . . .
Still so handsome when he is sad
 My greatest joys, my greatest trials, my greatest blessings . . .
I love these guys more than I thought I could ever love anyone!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Miriam has always wanted to carry the new babies. Even now I'm stilll a little nervous seeing her carrying our big babies! Ah big sisters, gotta love how much they want to "help"!