Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Semi-final Football Game

This year the football team played their semi-final game in Cedar City against South Summit.  I wanted the drill team to have the opportunity to go and perform, but I really didn't want to ride the bus . . . 8 months pregnant.  So, my amazing assistant coach, Jeanna Grover agreed to ride the bus with the girls, and I rode over with Kenny and the kids in our comfortable car.  The trip was great, except that Lucy got car sick, and that is never fun, especially when you are pregnant!!!  Oh well, when we got to the motel, we got to go swimming!!!  Definitely the highlight of the trip for the kids.
Lucy and Stetson, all ready to go swimming at the motel

My little fish

Well, he doesn't walk on water, but this is about as close as you can get!

What is more fun than rolling your tube around the pool?
 So when we got to the game, do you think my son wanted to sit by me?  No way, he had to sit with "his girls", they are much cuter and a lot more fun than mom!  Don't worry, I wasn't far away, and these girls take pretty good care of Stetson, what a lucky guy!
Stetson and "his girls"
(Jennifer, Jenacia, Sam)
 The game was awesome, and the San Juan Broncos won!!!  Now it is on to the State Championships next week!  My brother Jens is a junior, and saw some playing time, even in this intense play-off game.
Jens, the big #12, waiting for his turn on the field
 But I have to say, the best part of the game was half-time, when my beautiful girls performed their competition Military routine.  They did awesome!!!  Kenny picked the music for the routine and I choreographed it, definitely a team effort!  It was so nice to have the whole team performing together (the first time all season).
Back: Emma, Ashley, Jenacia, McKady, Ivori
Front: Amanda, Sam, Jennifer

0 comments: