A lot has happened since I last posted, and that is why I haven't posted - we have been so busy! We went to St. George for our family vacation this year, and had a great time! We went to the Tuachan theater and watched The Sound of Music - my favorite musical, and Le Mes. Stetson wan't real impressed because it was so hot, and late at night; but he was a trooper, and Kenny and I were able to enjoy most of the plays. The highlight for Stetson was swimming in the pool at our hotel. It had a little waterfall coming off some rocks on the edge of the pool, and he loved it! Plus, it was an extra bonus that we got daddy to go swimming with us! We were able to go to the temple, do some shopping, and just spend time together. It was GREAT!
Kenny and Stetson at Tuachan
Playing in the waterfall at the hotel pool
Stetson and the St. George TempleThe next big event was the annual mountain party at our cabin on the Bears Ears on August 1. Due to a lot of conflicts, we only had about 40 people there (usually there are around 80), but those that were there had a great time. It was a little different, since it was the first party since Ron Kartchner passed away and he has been the entertainment almost every year since Preston Nielson started having the party about 50 plus years ago. We also missed Kenny's parents, who usually put the whole thing together, but we made it without them. The next day we branded some really big calves. I think the highlight of the day was watching Tyson Kirk ride one - he was a real trooper! Stetson rode with me on the horse back to the cabin, and absolutely loved it! He was so relaxed, like he was born to ride or something. Our niece Katie Black was baptized that evening, and the service was beautiful.
Kenny and Stetson enjoying the Daryl Worley Concert
Stetson is tough enough to wear pink
The Livestock sale was on Saturday, and that is the biggest day for Kenny and I , as treasurers of the organization. Thanks to Alicia for helping us ramrod the buyers, and to Candice for tending Stetson, we made it through and all went well. Two boys sold pigs, and donated all the earnings to the families of the three men that died the day before. Between the two of them, they earned about $8,000 for those families, and the people who bought the pigs donated the meat to the families as well. Once again, I was amazed at the generosity of the people of San Juan County! There may be a lot of bad people out there, but there are also a lot of really good people too! Saturday night Stetson went to his first rodeo, and I think he really enjoyed it! His favorite event was the synchronized riders, probably because there was so much going on. My brother Jade rode with them, and they did an excellent job! It was a great county fair, and I was very grateful to be a part of it.
I can't believe that school is about to start, and summer is almost over! Also, I can't believe that my baby is now 10 months old! He now has four teeth - two on top and two on bottom. He likes to pull himself up on things and walk along them, so it probably won't be too long before he is walking - they grow too fast! I finally figured out why he is so cute - he looks just like his daddy!
Stetson trying out his new "walking" toy




3 comments:
I can't believe how big he is. He looks like a little toddler already. It looks like you all did have a busy summer, but then your always going going going no matter what time of the year it is. It all looked like a lot of fun.
I can't believe how busy you always are. It wears me out just thinking about it. I love your pictures.
I'm glad to get an update on how y'all are doing. Stetson just keeps getting cuter and cuter.
Post a Comment